Best 243 bullet for deer?

I have a rem 700 I shoot a 70bthp with 43grains of 4320. It is without a doubt the most accurate load I've shot. As for the deer me and my uncle have shot at least 75 whitetails over the last 25 yrs and none of them have traveled more than 50 yards.it is a devastating little round .

Some guys around here download the 55g NBT for smaller kids to start with. I guess it is pretty devastating but needs to be closer to 3000fps than 4000fps.

I used to use the 85gHPBT Sierra Gameking but have pretty much switched to the Berger 87g Classic Hunter.

Some years ago I had a Tikka T3 243 and it was a tack driver, literally I would put tacks out at 100 yards and drive them through the plywood. That being said, I also used that load for white deer in N.E. PA. where I live and only had one deer go 27steps after it was hit behind the shoulder. Most only took a few steps and went down. I used 100gr. Sierra Game Kings, W.W. brass, CCI 200 primers and H4350 powder. { Always start with a reduced load of rifle powder and work your way up!!!.} I gave that rifle to my grandson and now there is not a deer, coyote, groundhog or any other varmint save in the woods where we hunt.

I like one shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.

Elmer Keith

My two favorites are Sierra's 85gr BTHP & Hornadys 100gr BTSP. I use the 85gr BTHP for 15+ years with great performance on Coyotes & Antelope & Deer.
Then I was given a box of Hornady's 100 gr BTSP & it is now my favorite because of higher BC over Sierra's 85gr BTSP accuracy is the same both shoot groups under 2.25 inches at 300 yds. and with Hornady's 100 gr BTSP I would use it to 500 yds on Deer and maybe a little more.

I've shot over 20 deer now with 85 grain Barnes tsx's leaving the muzzle at 3200 fps. I4831 works great - they shoot lights out in every .243 I have. Out to 450 yards they have been money. Kills them really dead and my favorite part about them is no excessive meat damage like those Bergers and the like.

I use the cheapest Federal power shoks. 100gr. .243. It left a 2" exit wound.
BANG _ FLOP. This season, I may scale back to 80 gr. ammo.

The .243 is devastating. I would even use it on bear. I can practice all day long. My shoulder LOVES it.

My .30-06.... I have no use for it anymore. It's a waste of gun-powder. My shoulder hates it.

My daughter shot a nice Buck this yr 329 yds with the 105gr bergers pushed with RL22 and it performed awesome!!!! the more I shoot bergers the better I like them

Has anyone used a Berger 115 hunting vld? I am going to try them this coming season.

Matt