Best .22lr can rated for .17 hornet?

Lrreloader

Hello,

Looking for any real world experience on .17 hornet cans, I would like to buy a .22lr can rated for .17 hornet vs using a 5.56 can due to size and wanting it to go on a .22 lr as well.

Anyone with any experience in this?

I see CZ-USA has one that will even match diameter of my 527... anyone shoot one of those yet?

My vote would be for the Thunderbeast 22 takedown.

I have several thousand 17 Hornet through one... and tons of 17WSM through them. The takedown has a bit more pop than a 5.56 can... but it's still comfortable to shoot.

My vote would be for the Thunderbeast 22 takedown.

I have several thousand 17 Hornet through one... and tons of 17WSM through them. The takedown has a bit more pop than a 5.56 can... but it's still comfortable to shoot.
I know it won't be subsonic .22 quiet but is it quiet enough to not bother neighbors?

I know it won't be subsonic .22 quiet but is it quiet enough to not bother neighbors?
Depends on how sensitive your neighbors are. Sonic crack is pretty quiet from a 17... but it's still there. I run 22 takedowns on all my 17WSM and 17Hornets. I don't feel the jump to the bigger can is warranted. Without it... you'd definitely bother the neighbors! ;)

Mile High has the Takedown 22 in stock right now, I have one of Thunder Beast's 338 Ultras and recently put in forms for an Ultra 7, so wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Great quality company.

That said I also have a SilencerCo Sparrow 22. Rated for 17 WSM and 22 Hornet so not 100% sure if it'll handle the pressure of the 17 Hornet specifically (it should, but you could call them to be sure). The difference is the Sparrow is a monolithic core instead of stacked baffles that come out of the tube. I think it's easier to take down and put back together, but servicing rimfire cans is infrequent enough for me that it's not really a deciding factor. Just a different option.

Check out the Bowers ICON. I have sold quite a few of the predecessor USS. The ICON is lighter. No first round pop on pistols. Full auto rated. If you have questions, give Tom or Dorothy a call at Bowers. One of the 2 will answer and talk your ear off!
Bowers ICON

Mile High has the Takedown 22 in stock right now, I have one of Thunder Beast's 338 Ultras and recently put in forms for an Ultra 7, so wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Great quality company.

That said I also have a SilencerCo Sparrow 22. Rated for 17 WSM and 22 Hornet so not 100% sure if it'll handle the pressure of the 17 Hornet specifically (it should, but you could call them to be sure). The difference is the Sparrow is a monolithic core instead of stacked baffles that come out of the tube. I think it's easier to take down and put back together, but servicing rimfire cans is infrequent enough for me that it's not really a deciding factor. Just a different option.
I second the Sparrow, it's a great suppressor!