Best .22lr can rated for .17 hornet?

Lrreloader

Hello,

Looking for any real world experience on .17 hornet cans, I would like to buy a .22lr can rated for .17 hornet vs using a 5.56 can due to size and wanting it to go on a .22 lr as well.

Anyone with any experience in this?

I see CZ-USA has one that will even match diameter of my 527... anyone shoot one of those yet?

orkan

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
My vote would be for the Thunderbeast 22 takedown.

I have several thousand 17 Hornet through one... and tons of 17WSM through them. The takedown has a bit more pop than a 5.56 can... but it's still comfortable to shoot.

Lrreloader

My vote would be for the Thunderbeast 22 takedown.

I have several thousand 17 Hornet through one... and tons of 17WSM through them. The takedown has a bit more pop than a 5.56 can... but it's still comfortable to shoot.
I know it won't be subsonic .22 quiet but is it quiet enough to not bother neighbors?

orkan

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I know it won't be subsonic .22 quiet but is it quiet enough to not bother neighbors?
Depends on how sensitive your neighbors are. Sonic crack is pretty quiet from a 17... but it's still there. I run 22 takedowns on all my 17WSM and 17Hornets. I don't feel the jump to the bigger can is warranted. Without it... you'd definitely bother the neighbors! ;)

QuietTexan

Mile High has the Takedown 22 in stock right now, I have one of Thunder Beast's 338 Ultras and recently put in forms for an Ultra 7, so wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Great quality company.

That said I also have a SilencerCo Sparrow 22. Rated for 17 WSM and 22 Hornet so not 100% sure if it'll handle the pressure of the 17 Hornet specifically (it should, but you could call them to be sure). The difference is the Sparrow is a monolithic core instead of stacked baffles that come out of the tube. I think it's easier to take down and put back together, but servicing rimfire cans is infrequent enough for me that it's not really a deciding factor. Just a different option.

Dave in WI

Check out the Bowers ICON. I have sold quite a few of the predecessor USS. The ICON is lighter. No first round pop on pistols. Full auto rated. If you have questions, give Tom or Dorothy a call at Bowers. One of the 2 will answer and talk your ear off!
Bowers ICON

Maverick67

Mile High has the Takedown 22 in stock right now, I have one of Thunder Beast's 338 Ultras and recently put in forms for an Ultra 7, so wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Great quality company.

That said I also have a SilencerCo Sparrow 22. Rated for 17 WSM and 22 Hornet so not 100% sure if it'll handle the pressure of the 17 Hornet specifically (it should, but you could call them to be sure). The difference is the Sparrow is a monolithic core instead of stacked baffles that come out of the tube. I think it's easier to take down and put back together, but servicing rimfire cans is infrequent enough for me that it's not really a deciding factor. Just a different option.
I second the Sparrow, it’s a great suppressor!