Best 200 Grain Hunting bullet for 300 WBY (Berger)?

Broken shoulder with no penetration into the chest. More common with bonder bullets than guys know!!
With Accubonds or just bonded? What distance and what cartridges?

Maybe I'll just stay with the partitions and monolithics.

it's interesting you don't trust bonded but you like cup and core.

Last edited:
With Accubonds or just bonded? What distance and what cartridges?

Maybe I'll just stay with the partitions and monolithics.

it's interesting you don't trust bonded but you like cup and core.
Accubond for the most testing but any bullet that opens big on contact but can not shed weight and loose frontal diameter has more trouble getting through that front shoulder than a bullet that can loose frontal diameter slow but has enough bullet it can loose some.
I trust no bullet completely just excellent shot placement, I do trust a bullet that sheds weight and creates a massive wound channel in the core of an elk, bullets like Berger and Hammers are the top of my list.
Most testing from 80-600 yards in 30 cal was a 300 WBY, but everything from 308 to RUM used.

Accubond for the most testing but any bullet that opens big on contact but can not shed weight and loose frontal diameter has more trouble getting through that front shoulder than a bullet that can loose frontal diameter slow but has enough bullet it can loose some.
I trust no bullet completely just excellent shot placement, I do trust a bullet that sheds weight and creates a massive wound channel in the core of an elk, bullets like Berger and Hammers are the top of my list.
Most testing from 80-600 yards in 30 cal was a 300 WBY, but everything from 308 to RUM used.
Interesting

We must be talking about AB vs ABLR. AB's don't open "big"

Interesting

We must be talking about AB vs ABLR. AB's don't open "big"
Ya they do, every one I've found had a big mushroom front that is very hard so you have a huge rise in resistance to penetrate, once your in the animal most bullets will make the others side regardless od construction.

Ya they do, every one I've found had a big mushroom front that is very hard so you have a huge rise in resistance to penetrate, once your in the animal most bullets will make the others side regardless od construction.
We have opposite experiences.

The AB is designed the shed 30-40% of its nose like a partition and drive deep. That's always been my experience. maybe it's impact velocities. I believe 600-700 yards is about the velocity limit foe an AB.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.