Best 1200 yd 7mm ultra bullet

tmmcampbell

I have a Remington Sendero in 7mm ultra. I have been shooting 140 gr partitions. Looking for a bullet with a better ballistic coefficient. I have had 168 gr. Bergers ordered from cabalas for over 1 mo. So would like suggestions on bullets I can actually find. Anyone else still having problems finding reloading components? I also could use some H1000. Where do you guys buy your supplies from?gun)

I would take a look at the 160gr accubond or hornady 162gr sst. Both are great bullets but there is lots of choices. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I emailed wildcat. Nice guy, even offered to send me a sample of his bullets. However, he didn't think a 1 in 9.5 rate of twist (sendero rate of twist) would stabilize the 200 gr bullet. Like wise Berger doesn't recommend their 180 gr in less than a 9 rate of twist. I think I will give the 160gr accubond a try. Thanks

I emailed wildcat. Nice guy, even offered to send me a sample of his bullets. However, he didn't think a 1 in 9.5 rate of twist (sendero rate of twist) would stabilize the 200 gr bullet. Like wise Berger doesn't recommend their 180 gr in less than a 9 rate of twist. I think I will give the 160gr accubond a try. Thanks

For 1200yrds you would really benefit to use the 162grn A-max. It will open at a lower velocity than the Accu-bond and at that distance will work as a normal bullet and not a Grenade.

Tank

Try the 180 Bergers, they will stabilize. We have shot them in a 10 twist 280 Akley and they are a super accurate long range bullet.

I wouldn't recommend the Accu at 1200 yds. They will not expand at that velocity! I shot an elk at 1025 with one in my 300 ultra and might as well have used a solid. Also you can get a higher B.C. in other better choices IMO........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.