Best 10mm 1911 frame handgun for hunting?

wait, what? I thought this was a 1911 thread? 😂 😂 😂

Just kidding Bean...I love these tangents every now and then, and after spending most of my time talking about things LR, it's fun to slow down and talk 25-50 yards at 1200fps or so
ButterBean kinda likes these tangents, too. His problem is that even his fists move at over 3,000 FPS. It is hard for him to slow down to limping along speed.

Gave up my S&W Mod 29 in 1983. Bought a SIG p220 in .45 cal. Quicker to reload and no safety for a lefty. Never seemed to get the hang of a 1911. The angle of the dangle wasn't quite right for my left hand. Must have been designed by a right-handed fellow. Got to get me a P220 10mm Legion. I'll even let ButterBean shoot it.

ButterBean kinda likes these tangents, too. His problem is that even his fists move at over 3,000 FPS. It is hard for him to slow down to limping along speed.

Gave up my S&W Mod 29 in 1983. Bought a SIG p220 in .45 cal. Quicker to reload and no safety for a lefty. Never seemed to get the hang of a 1911. The angle of the dangle wasn't quite right for my left hand. Must have been designed by a right-handed fellow. Got to get me a P220 10mm Legion. I'll even let ButterBean shoot it.
I agree on the angle issue with the 1911s. Left or right handed my wrist don't like the lineup with my stance of any kind. I bought a 1911 in 45acp and thought the cartridge was terrible until I bought a G21. It has been perfect!

I recently sold my Glock 10mm because it just didn't fit me very well. I want to get another 10mm for whitetail and hogs and put an rmr on it for 75 yards and in hunting here in Texas.

I've done some quick research online, but does anyone have any experience with a 1911 frame 10mm that they like? Here's a few models that I've read about and are considering (don't want to spend $3k+ on a setup - so no Nighthawks or high end Kimbers, Dan Wesson's etc.)

Kimber Custom TL II
Kimber KHX Custom
Springfield TRP Operator
Springfield Ronin
Remington R1 long slide

Thanks for the help!
I have a Springfield Operator I like. it shoots well and have not had any miss feeds to date. Mild recoil with factory ammo which might change as i experiment with handloads. The only thing i wish would be a 6 inch bbl. an inch does not generate a lot of velocity but ill take what i can get out of a handgun.

I agree on the angle issue with the 1911s. Left or right handed my wrist don't like the lineup with my stance of any kind. I bought a 1911 in 45acp and thought the cartridge was terrible until I bought a G21. It has been perfect!
I'm the opposite. Always pull up a glock with the front sight high, left or right hand, doesn't matter.

I'm the opposite. Always pull up a glock with the front sight high, left or right hand, doesn't matter.
Being left-handed is like being a so-called MINORITY. It is difficult if not impossible to find left-hand items. The best a lefty can hope for is to be a first baseman on a pro baseball team. That works out really well.

I'm the opposite too. Glocks never line up for me, and I don't understand how/why people like them, the grip angle is so wrong. I'd have to learn to shoot all over again if I wanted to shoot Glocks. It's crazy to me that they naturally line up for people.

Are you really stuck on a 1911? I harvested a 9 point whitetail with my SW 610 clambered in 10MM and it is scoped. 65 yd shot. Double lung and ran 50 yards.
20201123_172944.jpg

I'm looking at the 1911 or sig p220, as I already have some scope big bore revolvers.

Was thinking it would be more of a backup bow hunting to extend my range to 75 yards and in and would be more compact than my big revolvers.

I'm looking at the 1911 or sig p220, as I already have some scope big bore revolvers.

Was thinking it would be more of a backup bow hunting to extend my range to 75 yards and in and would be more compact than my big revolvers.
I own a Springfield Armory match 10MM. I worked on the mechanism to get @ 3lb pull. Way better. Shoots way better Out to 50 yards. It has a 16 round magazine Which is a lot of fire power. However the accuracy and feel doesn't compare to my Kimber Eclipse Custom. Like them both but will carry the 1911 for comfort and better accuracy

I have a G20, had it since I was in Panama before, during and after Just Cause and the Army dropped the 1911 for the little 9mm. It's a bit heavy but I don't mind it at all, it served it's purpose with distinction. The only change I've made is to put on a low profile fiber optic Tactical Aiming Solutions TAS rear sight. Best holster sight I've ever used, fits perfectly in my Safariland 6376 holster without any modifications. Anything it hits with a 180gr JHP isn't getting up.
But I've been looking for something a bit more concealable in 10mm. If I had to make a choice from your list it would be the Springfield Armory TRP Operator as my #1. #2 would be the SA Ronin. My REAL choice would be a Nighthawk!
Good luck with your choice.
DocB
Mo 29 glock is concealablr. I have a g20 and a g29. My g20 is my woosa gun and g29 is my carry. I have never had an issue with either.

I do like my 226 .357 Sig, but the favorite of question is certainly the CZ Dan Wesson 1911 adj in 10mm. They are tight, so I don't run it in the Glock mud. Beautiful, accurate, excellent trigger. Things have gone from an early $1200 to $2200 US now in my area. That's after a very irritating search.