Best 10mm 1911 frame handgun for hunting?

Ergonomically the 1911 lines up perfectly for me! A hot 10mm 6in. sounds like meat in the freezer! Would include a small 4x scope, and heavy HP bullets!
please do yourself a favor and check to armscorp, long slide pro, both single stack and high cap. i ended up with both plus a standard slide double stack. had the ls double milled for a red dot. i love all 3! these are fantastic 1911 s

okay, then get the single stack version nitpicker! i got both! problem solved. geez!
What's up, doc? If you're going to quote me from a few months ago, be sure to also quote the parts where I admitted that my dry sense of humor doesn't always come through in print. Most of the posts I made on this thread were tongue in cheek.

That said, JMB would roll over in his grave if he knew people were calling a double stack anything a 1911. :D

I do like my 226 .357 Sig, but the favorite of question is certainly the CZ Dan Wesson 1911 adj in 10mm. They are tight, so I don't run it in the Glock mud. Beautiful, accurate, excellent trigger. Things have gone from an early $1200 to $2200 US now in my area. That's after a very irritating search.
I like my 226 357sig also.

What's up, doc? If you're going to quote me from a few months ago, be sure to also quote the parts where I admitted that my dry sense of humor doesn't always come through in print. Most of the posts I made on this thread were tongue in cheek.

That said, JMB would roll over in his grave if he knew people were calling a double stack anything a 1911. :D
i thought i made a comment about that , we r all good, and thanks for the correction, i will now try to get my 7 ee out out my mouth! merry xmas brother! i love 1911s ! even non traditional double stacks. but to all, choose as you wish, no wrong choices, just differences of opinion. like i mentioned i ordered and enjoy the armscorp pro im both iterations ds and ss to augment my other 14 1911's.

I really like my rock island, it's the same model @cohunt posted about. It's been 100% reliable, is super accurate, and the configuration really helps keep the felt recoil down.

Say whatever you want about a double stack not being a true 1911,but in a caliber that has some recoil speed I'll take a double stack iver a single any day... The wider back strap spreads out the force and makes it much more comfortable to do a lot of practice with, and the grip shape and size fits my (glove size L) hands really well.

I had a single stack kimber 10mm for a while... Never could get it to feed reliably.. Tried different mags, sent it back to them twice... It was a nice gun when it worked, but my ria out shoots it pretty easily, cycles everything I've put through it, and feels better too. Only 6hing the kimber has that RIA doesn't is the name

I really like my rock island, it's the same model @cohunt posted about. It's been 100% reliable, is super accurate, and the configuration really helps keep the felt recoil down.

Say whatever you want about a double stack not being a true 1911,but in a caliber that has some recoil speed I'll take a double stack iver a single any day... The wider back strap spreads out the force and makes it much more comfortable to do a lot of practice with, and the grip shape and size fits my (glove size L) hands really well.

I had a single stack kimber 10mm for a while... Never could get it to feed reliably.. Tried different mags, sent it back to them twice... It was a nice gun when it worked, but my ria out shoots it pretty easily, cycles everything I've put through it, and feels better too. Only 6hing the kimber has that RIA doesn't is the name
im with you! armscorp/RIA 's are fantastic! as you see in my posts previously.

There WERE Paraordinance single action double stack (1911)s at one time. I had a small and a large, and a 1911 pin gun with a 1 lb trigger. Don't switch guns around much when you're firing that.