Best 1" tube in the market

Akkill

Well i would like to know what`s the best 1" tube rilfescope, i made a little search work and i fond this.

Zeiss conquest
swarovski z3 and z5
s&b summit
leica er
khales cl

khales is out of the market buth there`s some riflescope available on sale, swarovski z3 and z5 i don`t know if there is any optical diference.

Any comment would be apresiated you can ad more brands or models, or if own any of this comment on reliability, glass quality and image, some times i do some low ligth shooting and that`s why i open this post .

I've used the Ziess conquest and it performed well in low light and tracked very well.
It is a very well made scope with very good glass.
In fact I'm thinking of getting one with the Rapid Z reticle to see how well it works in the field.

The new S&B is pretty tough----will be putting one on a rifle that has to use the 1 inch rings made for it. Problem is that S&B is pretty slow in rolling out new products---need the lower power version that will be next year sometime.

Of the ones you list, I have two Conquests - a 3.5-10 with Z600 reticle and a 6.5-20 with mil dot reticle, and a Swaro 3-9 with their plex reticle. All three are great scopes for the money. They seem to be comparable in terms of brightness and clarity; but I am partial to the Z600 reticle for hunting under 550 yds. All are definitely a step up over the Leu/Bush/Nikon class.

Swarovski z3, z5 and american is there any optical diference or just diferent configuration, some time ago the american model was geting troubles holding zero

and how this swarovski scopes compare vs conquest opticali and mecanically if the diference is not perceptible doesn`t have any sense buy swarovski .

S&b and zeiss fixed scopes maybe they are the best optic you can find for your money if fixed magnification is not a problem for you, the just need a heavy plex reticle, german 4, post dot or someting similar.

S&B has the A8 reticle which is very similar to a heavy duplex reticle.

Check out all the reticles on S&B's website.

Why do you want a 1" tube? The scopes listed are nice, but they gain no advantage due to the 1" tube. In fact, the tube limits their internal travel which can make them difficult to use for long range in some applications. For long range use we're typically looking for scopes with the most internal adjustment.

Don't get me wrong, as I said there are very nice 1" scopes that can get the job done when carefully selected. I'm just wondering why?

Why do you want a 1" tube? The scopes listed are nice, but they gain no advantage due to the 1" tube. In fact, the tube limits their internal travel which can make them difficult to use for long range in some applications. For long range use we're typically looking for scopes with the most internal adjustment.

Don't get me wrong, as I said there are very nice 1" scopes that can get the job done when carefully selected. I'm just wondering why?

well my friend the 1" tube is because a cople of reasons first i`m planing to use this scope on a cz 550 american 30-06 springfield currently using a burris ff2 and ballistic plex reticle, the rifle came whit a pair of 1" cz rings and good 30mm rings for this rifle are dificult to find.

second im loking for someting arround 1000 dls or less if posible

I have a super clear 3-9 Kahles with TDS that I could have sold a dozen times after guys looked thru it.

I would suggest a good used Kahles, Swaro or Zeiss and all depending on what power and reticle you want.

You cannot go wrong with any of them.

BH

I am going to jump on the Zeiss bandwagon. I have a couple of Conquests and plan on getting a third.
I have a Leupold on my .30-06, and .257 Wby and a Zeiss on my 300Short Mag and one on my other 257. When I take the rifles out shooting and go from shooting the '06 with the Leupy to the 300wsm with the Conquest the first thing that I think is "**** this is clear."
I am really not a sentimental when it comes to brand of scopes I just want something thats clear, durable, tracks properly and looks good. Is that to much to ask?Ha ha

The new Leica scopes are 30mm tubes... I am saving up my coins to put one with the Ballistic Plex reticle on my 300 Ultra Mag. I have never been disapointed with Lieca quality. NJS

I would never claim it as a "best" scope, but my favorite 1" scope is the Bushnell 10X40 mil dot.
It's good features include lots of windage and elevation adjustment (90+MOA) big comfortable target knobs with 1/4moa clicks, a correctly spaced mil-dot reticle, good eye relief, weather proof, lightweight and rugged. It's main downside is no objective focus so it's not a benchrest scope. I have them on an assortment of AR-15's and AR-10s. I'ts best feature is they're well under $200.
Snob appeal? Close to zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.