BERTRAM BRASS FOR 6.5 SHERMAN SHORTMAG??

Sorry to hear about your family's loss, my prayers are with all of you. Having a flood basement on top of that is certainly not the least bit helpful. I hope you did not loose to much or anything irreplaceable.

I am checking with Bertram brass to see if this is feasible? What I would like to know is how many current SS owners would buy it? How many more people would build an SS? What would you be willing to pay for brass of this quality? .........Rich
Rich, I'm in for 500 pieces of 7 SS.

Rich, ADG popped up in another thread regarding brass mfg. Have you by chance talked with them about some SS brass? Don't know anything about them other than they recently put out some 338 Edge brass. Good/Bad, no idea but could be worth a call if you haven't' already.

I would be very interested in 6.5SS brass. I got side tracked on putting one together but am ready to get my parts to a smith.

I'd be very interested in brass! Been looking into the 7ss and the 300ss for some time now. Actually have a 300 win barrel setting here that needs cut down and chambered in some thing fun!

I'd be very interested in brass! Been looking into the 7ss and the 300ss for some time now. Actually have a 300 win barrel setting here that needs cut down and chambered in some thing fun!
Just waiting for some answers from bertram to make the move. I may be asking for commitments (pre orders) to make it all work.....rich

This is what I know from bertram so far. The brass would be dimensionally correct except for a slight forming of the body taper. This would not be much more than what you have in factory ammo. It is necessary because the brass would stick in the dies with the minimal taper off the ss. This would not affect running full loads the first time and would have no more affect on accuracy than a first firing of factory ammo. The low taper is one of the advantages of the ss and well worth doing IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts