Bersin Tool

I purchased one about a year ago. The problem that I encountered with it was it seriously affected neck tension when the bullet/neck was "bent" back to eliminate runnout. My $.02.

Thanks for the info. So what cartridge were you attempting to correct and how many thousands were you moving the bullet?
db

I saw a "runout" correction tool at the F-Class Nationals this last weekend that that seemed to work pretty slick. Presses on the case neck and not the bullet to correct the runout. The fella using it shot pretty well.

Dave,

Was this tool a home made tool? Can you describe how this would work? I have a hard time imagining this and the kind of force needed to move the case neck several thousands.

db

OK--call me crazy. I have a couple holes in my reloading bench from changing the position of my press or powder charger. I've been known to take ammo with runnout, Mark them on one side and put them in the hole and pull them a little. Works fine. Never did an accuracy check. You won't find a "cheaper" tool than that. Punch some holes in a 4x4 --tune some ammo and go tell us if it works!!!!!!

Sounds good to me. You could also take a piece of 4X4 and drive a bullet about half way in, remove it and wallah, a custom adjustment tool. If you had a 4' piece, you could set up with different weights and multi-calibers.
grin.gif

db

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts