Bersa BP9CC

thatguyshm

Does anyone own on of these? I bought one about a month ago, brand new. Spent the last month finger banging it, stripping it down, cleaning it, oiling it, all the normal things to do until you can hit the range. I plan on using it as my new conceal carry pistol, but after a day at the range, I'm not sure.

I put about 75 rounds of remington ball through it, 115gr. I also put some lead reloads through it afterwards, before finishing with another few mags of ball.

The problem I had, while shooting, the mag would drop. I know its a single stack, small 9mm. I have extremely large hands, have been able to palm a mens basketball since I was a freshman in high school. I didn't mark my mags as 1 and 2. I'm not entirely sure if it was a mag issue or a mag release issue. It seemed as though the pad on my right hand for my index finger was awfully close to the mag release. But if you look online, not one person says its due to a soft spring. 99% of the BP9CC's have a significantly hard to depress mag release.

Anyone ever have anything like this before? After the mags started to drop, I didn't bother shooting any +p or crit defense through it, as I want to test my carry ammo only if I'm going to use it.

So for now, I'm back to my .45 cal carry until I get this cleared up. Next range trip will mark the mags if Bersa doesn't say anything about it.

Any idea's?
-shm

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.