Bergers or Hornady

I am new here and trying to get my posts up so I can send a PM. what does everyone prefer, Berger or Hornady? I personally prefer Berger for both comp and hunting.
No and no. I mean if last resort. First I would go with Barns ttsx, Nosler Accu, or Norma Oryx, not necessarily in that order.

Thanks I appreciate it, and would agree fully a target/match bullet should dang sure be more accurate in most rifles no matter who makes it. I don't shoot match/target bullets regardless of the manufacturers label at animals I want to eat so I had to ask. Thanks again as it helps me see more.
Oh, by the way I shoot and kill most of my game with them too. I just keep shots off the shoulder. That bull in my avatar was shot with a 180 Hybrid a tad over 700 yards. The bullet was found on the opposite side under the hide in a perfect mushroom shape…so much for a target bullet.

Thanks I appreciate it, and would agree fully a target/match bullet should dang sure be more accurate in most rifles no matter who makes it. I don't shoot match/target bullets regardless of the manufacturers label at animals I want to eat so I had to ask. Thanks again as it helps me see more.

So basically you're saying you don't have any experience with Berger bullets?

So basically you're saying you don't have any experience with Berger bullets?
Oh I'm sorry I don't ever recall posting or saying I dont have any experience with booger bullets. I personally killed three bulls and two deer with a 190 VLD Hunting and they suck a dirty butt in my experience and results. I have loaded them for several people and saw their results and they pretty much suck arse with their results to me. Again just my expectations of a hunting bullet.

The last one was just this fall a guy had an incredible opportunity to hunt big bulls on private property. His first ever elk hunt and he is one hell of a good shot. He asked me and my son what he should take for a gun and bullet. We both told him some options with the smallest being a 7mm-08 160gr partition core lokt Accubond etc and larger.

He said he had a wiz bang super custom suppressed 6.5x284 with fuel tanker night force shooting 140 VLD Hunting Booger bullet. I have shot the rifle and load and seen him shoot it 8-1100 yards and it is super accurate. "I can put it exactly where I want it and it will kill it easily".

Hunt day and my son is with him and sneak in to 150yds on a bedded bull 319 net and the bull and cows know something is up. The bull stands and he shoots it just inside the point of the shoulder and it drops. "See I don't need your big gun this thing is a death ray". My kid says well you better shoot it again **** fast or he will be back on his feet and over the hill onto no go property. The bull was back up on his feet and turning to go with the cows and he shot it again in the neck killing it. After butchering it hanging in the barn and seeing the bullets performance "this gun sucks for anything but coyotes and targets I'm bringing a 300wm next time shooting real hunting bullets".

Long story and you are right I have no experience with booger bullets to form my opinions of them. The good thing is we can still have an opinion and share it for others to accept or reject.

Oh I'm sorry I don't ever recall posting or saying I dont have any experience with booger bullets.

No need to be sorry, you can see how one could be confused by your posting. Hence I phrased it as a question instead of a statement.

I don't shoot match/target bullets regardless of the manufacturers label at animals I want to eat so I had to ask.

And based on your posts those dirty butt booger bullets put meat on the table. 😀........what did the bullets do that you didn't like? And what would the Hornady's done better?

I am new here and trying to get my posts up so I can send a PM. what does everyone prefer, Berger or Hornady? I personally prefer Berger for both comp and hunting.
Both shoot fantastic in two of my shootin irons. 270win and 7mag. I tend to lean more toward Hornady for whatever reason, though I will say, at anything under 200yds, the damage incurred on deer and a sheep with a 145 eld-x was enormous. Longer distances on elk have have been right on the money with little damage and meat loss. I have not shot any game with any of the Bergers, Only targets.

Both.

Limited experience with Bergers but it has been good so far. Working on a couple of loads for my 7mm-08 and 7mm Rem Mag, hoping the 180gr VLDH with IMR-8133 will shoot good.

SST bullets from Hornady have worked great. 139gr on my 7mm-08 and 162gr SST on my 7mm Rem Mag. Will also work load for the 162gr SST for the 7mm-08.

The 162gr A-Max works great as well.

I took a caribou with Hornady 350 bullet, the outfitter said he's never seen anything go down so hard. I use vmax on rats, chucks, and one badger, all dead. Bergers shoot really well out of my 308 win but I've not taken anything with that load. 22-250 and Berger 55 Match Target accounted for my longest chuck to date. I have no qualms about trying a 208 ELDX or 215 Hybrid for bull elk with my 30-06. That is if I get the accuracy and velocity I need.

No need to be sorry, you can see how one could be confused by your posting. Hence I phrased it as a question instead of a statement.
No worry internet is worse than email really getting a good take on what someone intended.
And based on your posts those dirty butt booger bullets put meat on the table. 😀........what did the bullets do that you didn't like? And what would the Hornady's done better?

I killed more deer with a 223 shooting 55gr FMJ than every caliber and or bullet combined I have ever used on Deer/Elk/Bear. Based on what my perception of what people post and say to me I should never hunt with anything else "because why was it bad the deer is dead and that is all that matters". Great if that is all that matters to you or them not me. Booger bullets just blow up and don't penetrate from what I see and experienced. I want a bullet that will expand hold together and penetrate all the way through for entrance and exit. When I shoot an animal I want one shot and it fall over dead within seconds. Again, not my experience with booger bullets, speer foul balls, on deer and elk. I don't rely on hitting bone and ruining half the meat to try to make a bullet expand. I killed a lot of Deer with a BT, and just as booger bullets I'm done with using them unless specialized situation with deer or antelope. Hope that helps.