Bergers in the Creedmoor?

RL16 and Superformance have both performed well in my 6.5s from 129s to 143s (130 and 140 VLDs to specifically address OPs question). Every bit as good or better results than the famed H4350 and both are generally cheaper and easier to come by.

Have you found the Superformance temp sensitive? I have heard conflicting reports about this, the velocity advantage is certainly attractive.

Beardeddeer - I haven't had a chance to test it in summer heat so can't say for certain but you are correct in that it's not listed as one of Hodgdons "extreme" powders. When I first purchased a pound for testing, I incorrectly assumed it was. So far I've been very happy with it though (have stocked up on it) and have good loads worked up in a few rifles in different calibers (flexible powder in that regard). Temp spread tested so far has been about 20-45 with no difference on paper but small sampling size. If nothing else I know these loads work well in temps during hunting season...

Beardeddeer - I haven't had a chance to test it in summer heat so can't say for certain but you are correct in that it's not listed as one of Hodgdons "extreme" powders. When I first purchased a pound for testing, I incorrectly assumed it was. So far I've been very happy with it though (have stocked up on it) and have good loads worked up in a few rifles in different calibers (flexible powder in that regard). Temp spread tested so far has been about 20-45 with no difference on paper but small sampling size. If nothing else I know these loads work well in temps during hunting season...

I've heard good things about it, but I would like to know how temp stable it is. Living is AL, it can work up a load at 50 and then my practice in the summer could easily be at a humid 90+ for a few months. Thanks for the info, I might have to pick some up and do a test.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts