Berger VLD's are killers!

RT2506

Take a look at the exit wound from a 155 gr. Berger VLD at MV 2750 fps from my 30X47 HBR. This meat doe was taken at 112 yards. It's vitals were vaporized. This was the first deer I have ever shot with a Berger but it won't be the last. The first 3 shot group I ever shot @ 100 yards with these bullets was .049 center to center. Super accuracy and they kill like an A-Bomb.
2008_102408deer0001.jpg

IMG%5D

Last edited:
Bergers are great. This year is my first year using them and I am totaly impressed, they shoot great and kil stuff dead dead. 230 yd bull elk... bang/ flop. I got my dad shooting them this year too, and he loves them.

At that range I would have taken a neck shot. Looks like you lost some shoulder meat there. I hunt with a 300wm using 150 grain Hornady SST's. I have to take neck shots or loose too much meat.

I will be trying the 210 vld in my .300 RUM. Maybe that one will shoot will in my gun. Nothing else has been able to get under a inch.

What kind of rifle are you shooting dmp?

When I bought Bergers for the first time, I emailed Walt Berger and he sent me all of the load info that I needed. When I started loading them up I tried RL 25, Retumbo, and H1000.

I had the best luck with H1000, and shot my best grouping ever while working the load up.

I have read on this site that getting a good seating depth with Bergers can be tricky. I guess that I got lucky, because the recomended startng point of 3.60" turned out to shoot the best shooting as well.

Hey, wait a minute, don't you know you have to have a 30 super duper firebreathing Weatherchester to kill things!? You can't just go around killing things with great bullets and small, little accurarate cartridges. It's not MACHO!

Remmy Sendero SFII .300 ultra. Factory barrel with a break. Not bedded yet. Friend bought it new then decided he didn't need it and wanted to sell it in a unfired condition. I didn't need it, but it was a nice rifle so I bought it off him. If I can't get it to group any better I will have it looked at to see if the muzzle break install was screwed up.

What kind of rifle are you shooting dmp?

I will have it looked at to see if the muzzle break install was screwed up.

You should be able to see copper, or something out of the ordinary if the break is not on correctly. Might also check to make sure that the action screws are tight, or try some different powders. My Sendero likes H1000 the best so far. If you are going to take it in for bedding etc. might be an idea to get the crown checked out as well. Just some ideas.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.