Berger VLD vs nosler partition vs Accubond

MemorialRifle

Ok I'm in a crunch I'm doing a elk hunt to rember my friend and can't get his 30-378 to shoot better than 1.5in group if anyone can give me a clue that would be cool. Currently I'm playing with Berger bullets in 210gr with 98gr of h1000 with a COL of 3.800

No slight to the other bullets, I haven't used Berger, Nosler Partitions never shoot fabulous for me, but the 200 grain Accubond has been both accurate, and reliable over a range of velocities.

I agree any of the noslers should work well. Barnes should give you some great results too, they dont seem to care at all about seating depth. Barnes reccomends .030-,070 to start

these aren't sensitive to seating depth, so far they seem to shoot well even through load workup:)
Bergers (hybrid exception) are very depth sensitive.

I would try a bigger bullet if it was me the 230g Hybrid. I have heard the 230g is not seating depth sensitive.

If your sticking with the 210 then do a seating depth test 24 rounds. Four six round groups at further than 200m .050, .070, .090, and .120 off the lands. It will either get you close or nail it for you. Also make sure you have a good rest and are taking brakes between shots to let the barrel cool. Its not a machine gun I do 10 min between shots. If you dont have that kind of time brake up the test 6 rounds and go home should take an hour. I do a ladder test at .050 to get the charge weight. then the seating depth

Ya the prob I'm haven with going to the lands is I don't have the tools and all the gun shops in my area think I'm crazy and to just go threw midway or something and order it myself ... Let's just say I was a little PO when they told me this so I asked if the gunsmith could just help me take my bolt apart and I would just do it that way but then he told me they were really behind and could not help with this either.... Fml so now I loaded up some partitions and going to hope for the best later... If that don't work I'm going to try some Barnes then idk if that don't work I guess I'll contact weatherby and see what they say maybe I got a lemon lol

Excellent results with 200 accubonds out of my 300 rum. Have shot them out to 1532 yards and still sub moa groups. My recommendation is seat them to fit magazine length and go shoot them, you will like.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.