Berger VLD Linked to Heart Failure….?

ElkSurgeon

260 Rem 140 VLD H4350 2,890fps 24in bbl
Daughter shot her deer this year at 120yds. Buck sprinted 20yds & piled up. Upon arrival we found a critical organ laying in the snow that literally fell out of exit cavity while he was sprinting to his resting place…..

Saved this post for mid-winter entertainment, & wanted to share this phenomenon with the group……
0DDC4626-F516-4B72-A1E5-3F7C8D445A1D.jpeg

Hey, I have a similar story. A buddy and I were hunting for Sitka Blacktail on Montague Island. I was using my 300 Wby, big for deer, small for the big brown bears. We were out and it was pouring down rain. Could see about 70-80 yards cause it was coming down. Any deer was legal, a deer stepped out from behind a pine tree at about 40 yards. I had see thru scope covers and one in the chamber (big bears, low visibility, remember). I shot, the deer just slammed to the ground and never even twitched. When I got there I found a chunk of heart about three feet behind the deer, it was the biggest piece we found. It was a small button buck. I was shooting 180 Nosler partitions back then around 3000 fps. It rained the entire four days we were there. We hunted all day every day and only saw one other deer. I saw it for about two seconds in between gusts of sideways rain. Everything we had with us was soaked. That little deer sure did taste great!
Take Care

Hey, I have a similar story. A buddy and I were hunting for Sitka Blacktail on Montague Island. I was using my 300 Wby, big for deer, small for the big brown bears. We were out and it was pouring down rain. Could see about 70-80 yards cause it was coming down. Any deer was legal, a deer stepped out from behind a pine tree at about 40 yards. I had see thru scope covers and one in the chamber (big bears, low visibility, remember). I shot, the deer just slammed to the ground and never even twitched. When I got there I found a chunk of heart about three feet behind the deer, it was the biggest piece we found. It was a small button buck. I was shooting 180 Nosler partitions back then around 3000 fps. It rained the entire four days we were there. We hunted all day every day and only saw one other deer. I saw it for about two seconds in between gusts of sideways rain. Everything we had with us was soaked. That little deer sure did taste great!
Take Care
You shared the moment of the shot!. That's cool!
That boy never knew what hit him!
Jeezzz

260 Rem 140 VLD H4350 2,890fps 24in bbl
Daughter shot her deer this year at 120yds. Buck sprinted 20yds & piled up. Upon arrival we found a critical organ laying in the snow that literally fell out of exit cavity while he was sprinting to his resting place…..

Saved this post for mid-winter entertainment, & wanted to share this phenomenon with the group……View attachment 434614
Congratulate your daughter from a longtime hunter. That story will live on forever!