Berger VLD hunting bullet.

matt_3479

I have read and watch videos on these bullets and to me there pretty impressive. Now obviously you need the right load, right caliber, right scope, right rifle and have to be comfortable shooting at some of these distances but there still impressive. I dont see much on medium to close range shooting. How do they perform on close range shots?

I have read and watch videos on these bullets and to me there pretty impressive. Now obviously you need the right load, right caliber, right scope, right rifle and have to be comfortable shooting at some of these distances but there still impressive. I dont see much on medium to close range shooting. How do they perform on close range shots?

I shot a doe this year @ 184 yards she was bedded down in the edge of a field when I snuck up on her the 210 Berger zipped right through her she never as much kicked a leg out from under her . This is the closest shot that I've had thus far.

BigBuck

shot a couple of does past season with 300 rum 210 berger vlds @ 3125 fps

#1) 1007 yds ,hit a hair forward, broke onside femur just below shoulder ,1 lung ,aorta
and broke offside femur just below shoulder leaving approx 4" exit wound deer ran 40 yds on hind legs chest on the ground leaving 3 ft wide blood trail

#2) 120 yds quartering away,hit just behind onside shoulder,10 inch exit wound out base of neck severing spine completely 3/4 in neck muscle left holding head on DRT

i have been shooting the 300 rum a little over 10 yrs and these are the 2 most devastating hits i have seen and i have shot accubonds ,sst"s,interbonds and scirocco's

Last year my wife killed a mule deer buck at just under 200 yds. High shoulder shot and he dropped in his tracks. Earlier that day she killed an antelope doe at about 250 with the same effect. The next day we killed 3 mule deer in 30 seconds at 412, 426, and 438 yds. Both does dropped at the shot and my buck made it about 10 yds and piled up. The pic of the "3 in 30" is on centershotrifles.com web site.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.