Berger VLD, COL?

BigBlue

I've been reloading for many years, but I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to long distance shooting in general and in particular loads using the Berger VLD bullets. I'm hoping these bullets will work well from a new 26" barreled Savage Mod. 12FV in .308 Win. I was wondering if I would be best served loading these to touch the lands? I'll be trying those Berger 175gr. .308 bullets along with Varget and IMR4064 powders. I'd sure appreciate anyone that could share with me the benefit of their experience on this.
Thanks,
Don

BB, welcome aboard, there's a lot here, just sit back and read.

generally speaking, the Berger's like to be into the lands.how much or not quite will be determined by you and the gun.most do some sort of ladder test to determine the primer/powder and then work with the seating depth.

can't help with an actual load as i've not shot anything close to that combo. good luck and happy shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.