Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Low Bearing Compression Rifling is a design in which a barrels grooves and lands are cut. The barrels we use on the McMillan/EOL line are designed to apply pressure more then cut the bullets jacket as it twists through the bore. Think of it like the egg theory. If you squeeze an egg it will not break as the pressure is equal on all sides. However if you turn your finger tips into it, it will break. Now by squeezing the bullet vs cutting the bullets jacket, the bullets jacket has less trauma during flight. Therefor remaining stable for longer, also showing the slight ability to fly faster for longer, delivering more energy at impact.

Low Bearing Compression Rifling is a design in which a barrels grooves and lands are cut. The barrels we use on the McMillan/EOL line are designed to apply pressure more then cut the bullets jacket as it twists through the bore. Think of it like the egg theory. If you squeeze an egg it will not break as the pressure is equal on all sides. However if you turn your finger tips into it, it will break. Now by squeezing the bullet vs cutting the bullets jacket, the bullets jacket has less trauma during flight. Therefor remaining stable for longer, also showing the slight ability to fly faster for longer, delivering more energy at impact.

Sounds like polygonal rifling to me. How's it different?

I been doing some research trying to figure the bullet base to O-give measurement of both the 180 VLD and the 195 Hybrid. The bearing surface on the 180 is actually .039" longer, but the nose shape of the 195 is a lot more tapered and the 195 is longer. 195 hybrid being 1.637" and the 180 VLD being 1.525". I am trying to figure if I want a new reamer for this 195 or ifmy present reamer will do waht I want.

Assuming the O-give dimention of a barrel is .282" I need to know where on the nose this is, and the measurement from this point to base on the 195 gr.

If I had one it would be easy with a comparator.

Jeff

Mule hunter,

These 270 caliber 170 grain and 195 grain 7mm EOL line of Berger bullets will be available as soon as they are released only on our extreme store. Go to Extreme Outer Limits TV | Hosted By Bob and Chris Beck | Your Long Range Authority and click on the long range store. You will find them there. We are anticipating them to be available by May. After we get ahead of the orders we will then decide who else will be distributing them.

Mr. Beck,

Is there any way that you could put these bullets on your site for us to pre order them? That way you could already know what your inital production would need to be and you could even take 1/2 down or do a 3-5 box initail order and offer free shipping if paid now instead of when they show up in may. A pre-order like they do on midway or brownells would allow us to place our orders and not have to keep checking or accidentally miss out if we dont catch your site soon enough.

Another option would be to do a group buy here on LRH since this is where this bullet is getting its hold. Something like a 3 box minimum.

Could you also give us some idea of price of these? The 180's are about $45 a box so my guess is about $50 for the 195.

Pre ordering would be better for all involved and I think most here would agree. If you agree to a pre order or a group buy then we should let Mr. Beck know! If you agree or disagree post your thoughts!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.