Berger recipe

Dvldad

Does anyone know the recipe that berger uses for their 300 win mag 215gr ammo??

I pulled one round of 300 win Berger ammo and I could figure out what powder it was.
The powder charger I got was 77.8 grain of some kind of ball powder. Figured it was either accurate mag pro or Ramshot magnum.
I gave up ontrying to figure out the powder and just decided to use h1000.
DCE744BD-1F9A-4665-B01E-791105CAD6A8.jpeg

Thank you for the response!! I'm going to give them a call this morning and see if they will share.

I talked to berger and he would not tell me directly but said possibly accurate magpro or h1000. So I'm guessing magpro

When I pulled the bullet I expected h1000. Mag pro and Ramshot magnum were the only two powders I could see load data that was close To the amount of powder I pulled.
If you look at the data from Berger's manual max load for Ramshot magnum is 77.9 grain at 2836. So pretty darn close. The mag pro max load is 73.4 at 2812.

In an earlier post it was mentioned either H 1000 or accurate mag pro well I have both H 1000 is a stick powder well accurate Mag Pro is a flattened spherical powder so that kind of narrows it down

It does look very familiar but the max charge for mag pro is lower then what I was seeing when I pulled a bullet.
I was seeing 77.8 grains from the Berger ammo. Max charge for mag pro is 73.4.
But that 73.4 grain max is for a 3.340 seating depth. Berger ammo is seated at 3.600.

That could very well be the difference also I don't know the legal liabilities for a company going above book max but we all know they are very conservative

Also I don't know the test barrel that was tested blah blah blah etc. etc. but you look at the two pictures that is mag pro powder

It sure looks like mag pro. Regardless of what powder it is the ammo flat hammers. My rifle loved it. I chronographed it right at 2900 out of my 26 inch Bartlein with the suppressor. Shot right at .5 moa out to 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.