Berger Match Hybrid Target 215 gr for Hunting?

No argument here. Basically I feel I've got caught up in the heavy for caliber high BC bullets. Guess I'm a slow learner. I finally realized other than the one deer and one elk, all game was under 500 yds. I've been slowly switching some guns to the hammers. They've been working excellent. Very expensive to get here in Canada. But still a small price to pay compared to custom rifles, trucks, hotels/lodging etc. Once you got your load and drops I don't use these guns for practice or long range steel. I agree on wasting elk meat. Hate to see that. Think I'll try a hammer in the 170-180 gr range. Maybe lighter if I can talk myself into it.
Well that makes sense. Sounds like the exact same path I went down. Now I just have a rifle for each job or max distance I plan to shoot. The big heavies were not much of a help and more of a hassle for most my hunting under 500 yards. More drop was more hassle.

These are the 215 gr bullets I'll be using on the coming spring bear hunts, brown & black ....

The 175 gr 30 cal Ascent impressed the hell outta me on a large bull moose from a 300 RUM back on a 2020 moose hunt, still have 400 pcs of the 175 gr left but hoping to have the 215 gr bullets soon

215 gr Federal Ascent
G1 bc = .630
G7 bc = .323

not quite as high as the .690 G1 bc of the Berger 215 gr Hybrid bullet but good enough for my needs

1896396C-C74C-4A7C-9F1B-9DA1C48DE741.jpeg
02B9727D-9D17-471D-9081-94DEA11DC4B0.jpeg
CAE77B05-46EC-42DD-A86C-FC4B3BBD87B2.jpeg

I been using them for a few years and have had great results, 3 Nilgai 450 to 525 yds and a mule deer 572 yds all fell in there tracks .

Swamplord, thanks for posting, I was not aware of that 215 Ascent ! I know that due to the construction of the bullet it may not kill as quickly lets say with a lung shot but it should be more reliable and work every time. I hope I can get ahold of some of these.

Not looking for fights with anybody on here
I dont like what has happened to component pricing during this shortage but as you say no one is forcing anybody to participate in your auctions
Anyway sorry this escalated to this point
Have a safe and healthy New Year
You should know by now that, even though you're a Doctor, many of the folks on here know more about your profession than you do.....cuz they've "done their research".