Berger Load Tables-----including 30-06 data for 210VLD's

I single load my 30-06, (I would have to check my notes on the exact COAL) and am running a 208 ELD at 2681fps average with Reloader 17. I'm currently using up my existing loads so I can Hex coat them and should be able to break 2700+ fps.

A lot of people say they experienced temp sensitivity with Reloader 17. I haven't noticed any with grain weights in the mid fifties with the 30-06 case, but I have in the 6.5 Creedmoor..

I have noticed some seriously crazy groups at the range when it was summer, and the loads were developed in the winter using RL-19 and RL-22. I have never tried RL-17.

I have noticed some seriously crazy groups at the range when it was summer, and the loads were developed in the winter using RL-19 and RL-22. I have never tried RL-17.

I haven't noticed any thing impressive with RL 17 and the lighter bullets as far as velocity. It seems to do well with the heavier bullets, like 200 grains and up with the 30-06, and in my 6.5 Creedmoor it really boosted the 140s and 147s.

In my 30-06 with the 178 Amax back when I was running it, I actually got better velocity with IMR 4350 than with RL 17.

I haven't noticed any thing impressive with RL 17 and the lighter bullets as far as velocity. It seems to do well with the heavier bullets, like 200 grains and up with the 30-06, and in my 6.5 Creedmoor it really boosted the 140s and 147s.

In my 30-06 with the 178 Amax back when I was running it, I actually got better velocity with IMR 4350 than with RL 17.

You should try 7828 SSC. You can get a compressed load with it, and some awesome velocities with the 185 & heavier bullets. I don't use magnum primers like some folks...I just use regular Federal 210M's or CCI 200's.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.