Berger load data online?

The Oregonian

I see Berger has a hardback book but haven't been able to find load data from them online...much like Nosler has.

Is my interwebs Kung fu just not good today and the info exists online, or do I need to buy the book for $50?

Thx

Tom

I bought the book, old school, I like the feel of books, but I also use load data.com. There is a subscription fee, but has many sources.

The only data available online at the current time is the .338 data as it was not included in the 1st Edition Manual. At this time, I personally do not know if there are plans to post the rest of the data on the website or not. The manual is a great resource and contains much more information that just the recipes.

If you are interested in the .338 data, it can be found here: Reloading Data | Berger Bullets. Just click on your cartridge and then the bullet weight you are using and the proper information will pop up. You can send an email to [email protected] if you have any issues with the information downloading properly.

Thanks!

I have the Berger manual. While it has lots of good info and is worth obtaining it is disappointing as they use SAAMI max COAL as a limit for their loads. Nobody I know loads Bergers to SAAMI spec length. This is no different than other bullet manufacturer's manuals but Berger knows their VLDs need to be near the lands thus they should have provided some loads with some decent (longer) COALs. Bryan Litz explains this on page 148 - but they still wimped out.

The load data would have been much more useful if it reflected how their bullets actually get used. An example that is on line (and everybody can see) illustrates the point. For the 338 RUM with the 300 grain Berger in a 26" tube and COAL of 3.6" they list the absolute max velocity with the best powder (Retumbo) as 2,611 fps. I'm getting 2,750 fps (with a COAL of 3.8") and that isn't pressure limited - just ran out of case capacity. The same is true for the 338 Lapua, etc. So the book is good for providing starting loads but it doesn't properly reflect the upper end of velocities that are possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.