Berger is coming out with a 329 grain 338 long range hunting bullet

Maybe old Clarence uses a little voo doo on his guns? lol
As for the powder charge, 137 gr of the same stuff gives me
3250 in a Big Baer case from a 34" barrel.
With no voo doo of coarse.
Daryl Cassel claimed he got 3200 from his 338x416 improved on a Hall action built by Bruce Baer. When i questioned Bruce about that he just shook his head and said no he doesn't.
Then added, and if he did he would be chucking the new case after he got it removed it from the gun.
Must be all voo doo and my chrony has some too. .

They said it was for 2020 that all just talked to them told him I was a big 338-378 weatherby shooter .It should have a very high bc.If I build a 30 inch barrel 338-378 I will try it just too much for my 9.5 pound 338-378 weatherby accumark rifles .

Dude that's awesome
Does the rifle weigh 8lbs scoped?? What's the recoil like, and what brake are you running?
What contour is that 29"barrel to keep it that lite?
It's titanium action bartlien #3. And the my smith makes the brakes. It's like a 270 or so

It's titanium action bartlien #3. And the my smith makes the brakes. It's like a 270 or so
How's your accuracy with that lite of a contoured barrel?
I'll bet that muzzle diameter is pretty thin at 29", no issues threading it for a brake?

I have been tracking this bullet since it was announced in 2018, and I am one of the people who ordered barrels based on that announcement. This bullet was my excuse to build a 338 Lapua Ackley with a 30" 1-9 barrel, which Mark Gordon at SAC just completed.

The bullets still are not available 2 years later, but I am shooting Berger 300s around 3050 which is still plenty spicy.

IMG_20191221_150121.jpg

I have a 338 lapua by Christensen arms 26" barrel and I shoot the nosler 300 gr. Accubons in it out to 700 yds. In a 1-10 I am having new rifle build right now by straight jacket arms with a 1-9.33 carbon fiber made by bartlein

I have been tracking this bullet since it was announced in 2018, and I am one of the people who ordered barrels based on that announcement. This bullet was my excuse to build a 338 Lapua Ackley with a 30" 1-9 barrel, which Mark Gordon at SAC just completed.

The bullets still are not available 2 years later, but I am shooting Berger 300s around 3050 which is still plenty spicy.

View attachment 171442
When Sierra first introduced the SMK in 338, it was 320 grains.
They produced that bullet for a brief period before switching to the 300 grain.
There are still some 320 SMKs out there held by a few 338 owners.
I have about 3/4 of a 100 round box of them, and i know of a guy who has a couple 500 round boxes of them.
They did the same thing with the 30 cal 240 gr, early on it was a 250 gr.

Wonder if Berger decided to discontinue this venture due to the high bc monos? Seems to have been radio silence on this for a long time now.
It seems they cant keep up with the demand of their already current selection of bullets as is .. kinda like the 257 cal bullet they dangled and then we haven't seen chit!! sucks really bad

What I've learned is dont take any announcement to the bank untill it hits the shelves.

My guess is it was too much of a good thing. You can only make them so aggressive before they just wont shoot. Even the current 300 hybrid is finicky about seating depth if your trying to make it shoot as small as it can. As a community Id love to see us less interested in ballistic charts that dont even play out in the real world anyhow, and more interested in a bullet that really shoots well across a wide area. The hybrids are no more friendly to deal with than a vld and are a chore to maintain sub .5 moa at 1k and beyond. The less aggressive bullets, like the lrbt are an absolute pleasure to deal with in comparison. I just wish more people had access to long range to shoot a lot more on paper (not rocks). Having a consistently accurate rifle is much nicer than one your constantly tuning. Im just not interested in any new higher bc bullets, in fact Im going the other way. Try a 300 SMK, forget looking at a chart, just go shoot them.