Berger Hybrids vs Tactical OTM

tillroot1

I am looking for the differenced known between the 300 grain .338 Hybrids and the tactical OTM bullets, I have been shooting the SMK 300 grain bullets in my RUM and have thought about changing to the Bergers, feelling they may be flatter shooting, would like to pick the brains of those that know. Thank you, Ron Tilley

Im not sure on this. But I think they are producing the otm, which is gen 2. I have shot both and started w, hybrid gen 1. Some guys w/ big mags in the 3000 + FPS HAD SOME FAILER. So they went and developed gen 2, which is called hybrid tact otm.g1-.818,g7-.419.. Both Kirby Allen and Shawn Carlock have done a bit of testing w/them. Look for threads. I have 175 down the pipe combo of both, taken 3 animals w/ gen 2, shoot great in my rifle

I am looking for the differenced known between the 300 grain .338 Hybrids and the tactical OTM bullets, I have been shooting the SMK 300 grain bullets in my RUM and have thought about changing to the Bergers, feelling they may be flatter shooting, would like to pick the brains of those that know. Thank you, Ron Tilley

The Gen 2 300 gr Hybrid is the tactical OTM. They are one in the same and to the bst of my knowledge the only 300 gr .338 Berger has out at this time.

I have shot a ton of 300 gr SMK's with great results using the .768 BC. The big difference I have noticed with the OTM Bergers is tigter groups at distance, plus less drop and better bucking of the wind. This was using the published BC's of .818 or .419. We have taken several game animals with the with awesome results. This includes 3 elk and a large mule deer.

Next up will be a wolf.

Jeff

The Gen 2 300 gr Hybrid is the tactical OTM. They are one in the same and to the bst of my knowledge the only 300 gr .338 Berger has out at this time.

I have shot a ton of 300 gr SMK's with great results using the .768 BC. The big difference I have noticed with the OTM Bergers is tigter groups at distance, plus less drop and better bucking of the wind. This was using the published BC's of .818 or .419. We have taken several game animals with the with awesome results. This includes 3 elk and a large mule deer.

Next up will be a wolf.

Jeff
wow, sounds amazing.

YES, on a earlier post Shawn Carlock had bullets cut in cross section, there where 3, berger,smk, and I DONT recall, but very interesting

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts