Berger bullitts

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jakebrake, Jul 29, 2010.

1. jakebrake

jakebrake Well-Known Member

I have been looking into reloading.Plan on starting soon.Now what I read on these Bergers.They seem a bit on the touchy side.What I read was they wanted them jumped.Ok once I learned what that was.I wondered why you would want.Your bullet in the rifling.Me being new to this.I would hate to get 1 stuck or come apart in your chamber.Unless you had a gun made for these bullits.They could be troublesome or am I missing something.Sorry like I said new learning.I have heard nothing.But good about these bullitts.But that worrys me.Thanx Rick

2. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

In a hunting rifle you are going to want to get them just touching the lands. If its just touching then you wont have any problems with it getting stuck. If you are a match shooter then you can jam them in the lands because you know every time you put a bullet in you will be shooting it. The bergers also can be loaded where they are not touching the lands and shoot great. If you go to Bergers website there is a procedure on how to test the bergers in your rifle. Once you get these to shoot you will not be dissapointed in the results that they give you at any range. They are a little more finiky than most other bullets but thats the price you pay for a high BC VLD bullet. Hope this helps

3. Wildyote

Wildyote Active Member

Maybe a repeat but here is the subject covered by Berger's bullet smith.

Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes hair pulling world of reloading!!

Each gun is like a new girl to date. (NOT EVEN gonna go with new WIFE..omg)

What it likes MIGHT (and sometimes should) be similar to your last one......BUT NOT ALWAYS!

Most I know do indeed start out JUST of the lands but just be aware IF you cant get that to work as well as you think it should, it's worth the effort to try something else.

One reminder..........not a good idea to start moving the bullet much if shooting close to MAX loads. Moving the bullet changes the available case capacity and therefor the pressure as well.

Here is a quick reference sheet about Berger Bullets with a lot of info. Eric's email is down towards the bottom in a note above one section for anyone interested.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Berger%20Quick%20Reference%20Sheets%206-17-09.pdf

Hope this helps.

God Bless

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. jakebrake

jakebrake Well-Known Member

Thanx guys.

5. freebird63

freebird63 Well-Known Member

With all that said, bergers are not going shoot in all rifles, there are just some that won't shoot them. I have come to that conclusion with my sendero 300RUM, I have done everything I have been told and they just won't shoot outta my gun. I went out with some 200gr accubonds today and was highly impressed. For the amount of money and time I spent on trying to come up with a load, well I would rather not think about all the money I spent as I could have my new trigger and nightforce rail and rings.