Berger bullets

swe123

LRH Team Member
I don't use Bergers anymore. I don't understand why anyone would use bullets that may or may not work all the time. There are plenty of good bullets out there.

Roninco

LRH Team Member
Thank you for the kind reply. That is what I had learned from others too. And the game king shoots well in my 30-06; but I ran out of em. I did have a bunch of, 250, SMK's and shot a lot of them trying to find the sweet spot for the BOSS on it. I found lots of 3/4" groups at one setting and then quit wasting powder, brass, and barrel. Now the BOSS shoots better than it ever has.
A SMK will easily kill any Georgia whitetail with proper shot placement.

NickW

A buddy took a nice Elk last year at 702 with a Berger 168gr Classic Hunter in his 280ai. One shot and dropped. Another friend who posts here a lot has had great success with Berger’s hunting bullets on over 40 animals. I’ll be using them for my 1st Elk hunt in a few weeks. Good luck.

jimbo111

I run 168g VLD Hunting bullets in my Savage L/R .300 Win Mag. super accurate and absolute game stoppers. I also use Accubond bullets in some other rifles. It depends on which ever bullet/powder is more accurate. If i can't make them shoot under an inch, they don't stay in my cabinet.

remingtonman_25_06

I won't use Bergers on anything bigger than deer, unless it's the 338/300g...Bergers are like varmint bullets. They explode and dont hold their weight, between 30-40% on average. If you're a meat hunter there is far better options IMO. With that said, I've also had the 7mm 180g VLDs pencil through deer behind the shoulder at 100 yards. They're just unpredictable at best. Some guys think they're the best thing since sliced bread, others hate them. I'm basing my experience off of actual field use, not what everyone else says. To each their own, but I prefer the Hornady AMAX or ELDMs. At least I know what they're going to do each and every time, and that's violently expand everytime. Plus they're half the cost of Bergers, and shoot just as well.

Trending threads