Berger Bullets Tech Data List

Well....I do care..I like the American way of voicing our opinions and hearing other peoples thought and looking at there reasoning. This does not mean I agree with everyone all the time. I am my own man and I think for myself. But I have learned a lot from others over the years, case in example my college profs. I did not agree with them but I thought it was foolish to fight with them. Difference of opinion is healthy for those that are open minded and willing to learn. Degrading and trying to fight is counter productive.

This is my thought on this. some will respectively disagree which proves my point.

Some will agree which proves my point.

Some might be disruptive communist children:D.

I don't care

I care as well... but it's sad that I must say in today's world, I expect exaggerations and/or deception as part & parcel of breathing air (being alive). I've read some things on this forum that beg for a dose of reality at times... and it's everywhere... politics, advertising, facebook, the guy telling how big the fish he caught this weekend in line for coffee.​

The fact is... there's a lot of things in the world to get upset about and to fuss about. You could pick 3 things and rage against them all your life, develop an ulcer, give up to alcohol, and die with frownlines burrowed deep into your face, and still... there would be more #$&(#*$ to worry about.​

For me... when it comes to the BC of the bullets I buy... I find that it's just easier to find a pattern in the comments of the users here and take a leap of faith (give em a shot .. or 50). I can figure out the ballistics out of my rifle myself just by shooting those bullets at varying distances. No sense in getting bent out of shape, or excited about numbers on the box... or posted online. As long as I know where they are going to hit at various ranges... and that they are going to do the kind of damage I want on my intended target... I'm smiling.​

So I care.... but I don't care. My happiness matters more to me than the fuss to fix something as ridiculous as reported BC #s.​

I care as well... but it's sad that I must say in today's world, I expect exaggerations and/or deception as part & parcel of breathing air (being alive). I've read some things on this forum that beg for a dose of reality at times... and it's everywhere... politics, advertising, facebook, the guy telling how big the fish he caught this weekend in line for coffee.​

The fact is... there's a lot of things in the world to get upset about and to fuss about. You could pick 3 things and rage against them all your life, develop an ulcer, give up to alcohol, and die with frownlines burrowed deep into your face, and still... there would be more #$&(#*$ to worry about.​

For me... when it comes to the BC of the bullets I buy... I find that it's just easier to find a pattern in the comments of the users here and take a leap of faith (give em a shot .. or 50). I can figure out the ballistics out of my rifle myself just by shooting those bullets at varying distances. No sense in getting bent out of shape, or excited about numbers on the box... or posted online. As long as I know where they are going to hit at various ranges... and that they are going to do the kind of damage I want on my intended target... I'm smiling.​

So I care.... but I don't care. My happiness matters more to me than the fuss to fix something as ridiculous as reported BC #s.​
You are taking my reply out of context from a debate that happened months ago, on another thread that was closed and tried to be continued over here. While I can respect your opinion, you are late to the party. You have no idea why I posted my reply the way I did. And we all moved on, and let it go as difference of opinion.

Rick,

The recommended twist rates are based on the slowest speeds the bullets are likely to be fired at. However, increasing muzzle velocity has less of an effect on stability than is commonly thought.

It's true that RPM's increase 1:1 with muzzle velocity, but stability does not. The reason is because the higher velocity bullet has more overturning torque applied to it's nose because it's flying faster (higher speed = higher drag and overturning torque[/i].

If you send me an email ([email protected]) I can send you a stability calculator. You can play around with muzzle velocity and the other variables to see how much they affect stability.

Take care,
-Bryan
Is the stability calculator on your website?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.