berger bullets preformance ?

Dev_L

bullet performance modt bullets give velocity and what they do at what speed cant find for berger

Last edited:
I love big heavy for caliber bergers....but....

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Bergers fast: go in and come apart violently

Bergers slow: go in and come apart less violently

It's a non bonded bullet. Does the same as most cup and core bullets. Just a higher level of consistency in regards to size and weight. What corelokt bullets should have been, or what gamekings are with a different shape.

bullet performance modt bullets give velocity and what they do at what speed cant find for berger

Are you asking about performance on game at various distances? I developed a very accurate load for my 300 win mag with 185 gr Berger Classic Hunter bullets. Although it is a 300 WM, the most accurate load was at 2750 fps (basically equivalent to a 30/06), it suits my purposes just fine. I am not a real long range hunter, have only tested/confirmed accuracy out to 600 yards. Have killed 3 elk with this load. One at 100 yards (2602 fps 2782 ft lbs): shoulder shot about 1/3 of the way up, tore a large hole through the lungs and lodged in the opposite shoulder, made a 6 inch blob of hamburger in the armpit. Elk took a few drunken steps and dropped. Second elk broadside at 300 yards (2320 fps 2211 ft lbs): shot just behind shoulder about 1/3 of the way up, penciled through, exit wound looked the same as entrance, elk jumped about two feet in the air, ran about 100 yards and dropped. Third elk 200 yards (2459fps 2484 ft lbs) slightly quartering away: shot behind shoulder, lined up with opposite leg, about 1/3 of the way up, penciled through lungs, made a 4 inch blob of hamburger in the opposite shoulder, no exit, elk ran about 100 yards and dropped. That is the extent of my experience with Burger bullets on game.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.