Berger Bullets on Game. Specifically 6.5

Gotcha, yeah for the blood trail I agree. I am still waiting for a redesigned VLD Nosler Partition. May wait for a long time.... Sure would love a bullet that flew like a Berger, penetrated, then opened violently, but retained enough weight in the base to exit. I know this is somewhat contrary to my leave all the energy in the animal argument, but it seems like a reasonable compromise for the blood trail.
Rock on with that for sure. Whoever makes that bullet will own a jet airplane

Gotcha, yeah for the blood trail I agree. I am still waiting for a redesigned VLD Nosler Partition. May wait for a long time.... Sure would love a bullet that flew like a Berger, penetrated, then opened violently, but retained enough weight in the base to exit. I know this is somewhat contrary to my leave all the energy in the animal argument, but it seems like a reasonable compromise for the blood trail.
The berger shot like lasers but I had a whitetail buck go 110 yards no blood no hair shot with 140g vldh 50 yard shoot a high shoulder shot probably would have dropped it.

The Barnes 127gr LRX is a fine compromise. Shooting well out of my Bergara and Sako finnlight. Great blood trails. For me though I'm an odd duck I guess. I'm not a trophy hunter, really don't need the food in the freezer and thus, don't care if I miss. So.. I'm a head/neck shot guy. Blood trail is easy to find. It's right beside the deer. I believe the longer the shot the more a person should aim for the head. In my experience it's either a clean kill or a clean miss.
to each their own.
Sorry. Back on topic.

The Barnes 127gr LRX is a fine compromise. Shooting well out of my Bergara and Sako finnlight. Great blood trails. For me though I'm an odd duck I guess. I'm not a trophy hunter, really don't need the food in the freezer and thus, don't care if I miss. So.. I'm a head/neck shot guy. Blood trail is easy to find. It's right beside the deer. I believe the longer the shot the more a person should aim for the head. In my experience it's either a clean kill or a clean miss.
to each their own.
Sorry. Back on topic.
Until you blow ones jaw off.

I have a couple 6.5 Rem mags, one is on a Model 7 Rem. My typical shots are sub 200 yds. A 125 partition has dropped 5-6 in their tracks. I'm shooting it at 3000 fps. Best Bullet for white tail IMHO. The one that did run had an 1-1/4 exit hole lung Shot.

If we're going to discuss other bullets' performance, too, I've had unexpected results with a 6.5 140 Partition where the exit was caliber size after smacking the shoulder on a 110 lbs. sow. I only recovered that one because it hit a fence or it would have been out in the mesquite never to be seen again at the speed she was running after the hit. I heart shot a cow elk with a 130 Scirocco from a 6.5 SS at 151 yards. She ran 70-100 yards and fell down in waist high sage. There was no blood trail. I had to walk in continuous circles in the high sage to find her.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.