Berger Bullets News from the President

push 7mm towards .800 bc. would more product less cost for the consumer

.755 averaged G1 is the best we are going to be able to get for some time. The 195 gr EOL bullet is the highest BC 7mm bullet available. To get to .800 will be a new mouse trap rather than a better one.

Regards,
Eric

It looks like that is what the currently have in stock, or atleast thats how it reads.

The 30 cal 230 gr that is currently in stock in our OTM Tactical bullet. This bullet has a shorter nose and lower BC than the Hybrid Target version.

The bullet that was asked about is our 230 gr Hybrid Target. This verison of the 230 gr has a longer nose and a higher BC. Both are good bullets and serve their purpose but if you are looking for the 230 gr Hybrid Target the OTM Tactical is not the same thing.

Regards,
Eric

We are going to stay focused on getting caught up before we launch many new bullets. There is one that will be launched soon but it has been done and ready to go for some time.

To make the 30 call EOL we will need new tooling and a longer jacket than we've mde before. This will take longer than it does to launch other bullets.

I don't want to be discouraging but rather I want you to have the latest accurate information so you can plan your hunts accordingly.

Regards,
Eric

I still have lots of barrel life to go before I need a new one, it's nice to know its in the works however.

I can appreciate the fact that Berger has stepped up the volume and has lots of bullets now available. what I do not appreciate is the variance of measurement from base to ogive of Berger bullets. I had measured lots of bullets with huge measurement differences. I spoke with Phil about this and Phils comment was to sort all of the bullets out and group the same or close to dimensions together and then adjust your seater die as needed to achieve same off the lands dimensions. My comment to that is how about I buy a JLK or Hornady ELD X which perform very well also but I can set my seater die and leave it. I went thru 500 JLK bullets and the tolerance was within .001 I also went thru 400 ELD X in the 300 212 bullet and guess what also within .001 tolerance. I had some Berger 180 in 7mm that were .007 variance and a few that were .013 variance. Now dont get me wrong I do like the way the Bergers shoot but come on man!!!!gun)

90gr .224's

and what miracle needs to be performed to make a 600bc .224 bullet. With the up in popularity of the faster 22's like 22 creed, 22-284, 22-243, finding another league in the .224 would be nice.

what I do not appreciate is the variance of measurement from base to ogive of Berger bullets. I had measured lots of bullets with huge measurement differences. I had some Berger 180 in 7mm that were .007 variance and a few that were .013 variance.

This is unacceptable and way outside our tolerance. Can you give me the lot number of the bullets to which you are referring? How many of these bullets do you have?

If what you are saying is accurate we will send you 1,000 of the same bullets at no charge.

To be clear, I am not suggesting you are lying. What I am saying is that if you get Berger Bullets that actually vary as much as you've observed we've failed and such a failure will be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

I will also follow up with Phil to get clarity on what happened as this is not how a report of this type is to be handled.

Regards,
Eric

what miracle needs to be performed to make a 600bc .224 bullet.

Based on where our largest 6mm tops out I'd say that you'd have to part the waters, turn them into wine and then walk on them.

Bryan is the best person to say if a .600 averaged G1 is impossible to reach with a 22 cal bullet but my less informed guess is that you won't see one unless we figure out how to make it out of an intense concentration of light.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Any idea when the 105 VLD's will be available again?

The 105 gr VLD Target will be next. We will be making these following the 105 gr Hybrid Target. I'm in my living room so I don't have access to the schedule but off the top of my head I would expect them to be shipping before the end of June.

The 105 gr VLD Hunting bullets will be made after we produce all the 6mm Target bullets that are on back order. A rough estimate is that the 6mm Hunting bullets will start coming off the press in July.

Regards,
Eric

This is unacceptable and way outside our tolerance. Can you give me the lot number of the bullets to which you are referring? How many of these bullets do you have?

If what you are saying is accurate we will send you 1,000 of the same bullets at no charge.

To be clear, I am not suggesting you are lying. What I am saying is that if you get Berger Bullets that actually vary as much as you've observed we've failed and such a failure will be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

I will also follow up with Phil to get clarity on what happened as this is not how a report of this type is to be handled.

Regards,
Eric

Sounds good I will be measuring bullets this weekend. Thanks Eric.

The 105 gr VLD Target will be next. We will be making these following the 105 gr Hybrid Target. I'm in my living room so I don't have access to the schedule but off the top of my head I would expect them to be shipping before the end of June.

The 105 gr VLD Hunting bullets will be made after we produce all the 6mm Target bullets that are on back order. A rough estimate is that the 6mm Hunting bullets will start coming off the press in July.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks for the update.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.