Berger Bullets News from the President

Eric Stecker

Dear Shooters,

Many of you may have seen Berger's latest news. For those who haven't, below is a summarized excerpt from the article:

We take great pride and delight in relaying the news that Berger has successfully proven a significant increase in the amount of match grade quality bullets we can produce. After implementing the solution to our jacket making process in March of 2016, we are averaging nearly two times our record jacket output. The best news is that these jackets meet and beat our industry leading .0003 TIR wall uniformity tolerance. Additionally, as an unexpected side benefit, they are also exceeding our expectations in bullet forming performance.

A link to an extended version of the article is below:

Berger Bullets In Stock Now! | Berger Bullets

I have started this particular thread because I want shooters to have the opportunity to discuss this situation directly with me in one consolidated place on this forum (I am opening this thread on a few others as well). To be frank, my time is far more limited than it was when I regularly engaging the various forums.

It is important to me that every shooter understands that this is not hype. We've applied some very real advanced analytics to our process and the results are significant. I am making myself available to anyone who wants to explore what we have been doing in as much details as I can provide.

I'll add that I've been in a cave for the last 15 months working this situation so I am admittedly out of touch with shooter's general opinion of Berger. I know that we've stubbed our toe in failing to deliver enough bullets. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this or any other subject I will be watching this thread so that I can respond to you directly.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
President
Berger Bullets

All I can say is: Thank you, for stepping up production while maintaining quality. Berger bullets are by far the most accurate bullet in all of my rifles and I look forward to seeing them readily available on the shelves once again!

I have not had a problem finding your bullets in my .25 cal. Always in stock. I have yet to work up a load with them because of time restraints and my reluctance to go back and build another load.But as stated in another forum I'm eagerly awaiting a .375 as my .375 AM is going to be done anytime and I'm more of a one time load development guy I'm hoping its out when my rifle is done cause I'm have it turn key with load work done. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also hoping to breath new life in my .257 when I finally get around to more load work.

I'm eagerly awaiting a .375

Right now we are focusing our increased output capability on making the bullets that are already in our line. Being a brand that shooters can depend on to have products is a top priority.

We have a number of new bullets in our plans but I am keeping the specifics quiet until they are on the shelf. I made a lot of people very unhappy when I let the cat out of the bag in the past.

I did this because I am a shooter and I get excited about stuff in the works. This did far more harm than good so I won't do it anymore. What I can tell you is that we are aware of the growing interest in 375 cal.

Regards,
Eric

That's understandable I've also done that in the past. It's good to hear that it may be on the horizon makes me feel better about jumping into a .375 instead of another .338. Gotta respect that quality comes first. For me it's worth the wait.

I could be paranoid but I didn't see the .308 230gr target hybrid in the list of bullets. Are you going to stop making it. Thanks Anthony

I could be paranoid but I didn't see the .308 230gr target hybrid in the list of bullets. Are you going to stop making it.

This is one of our most popular bullets. It will remain part of our line. We have many more bullets in stock now than we've had over the last 3-4 years.

There are other bullets that will be on the shelf soon. This announcement is not to say that all bullets are in stock but rather to say that we are able to make significnatly more than we ever had before.

It won't be long before the shelves are stocked and when we run low or out again it will be weeks instead of months or years before they are stocked back up again.

Regards,
Eric

I'm patiently waiting for the EOL .30cal, I'll rebarrel for a 1:9 when it comes out.

We are going to stay focused on getting caught up before we launch many new bullets. There is one that will be launched soon but it has been done and ready to go for some time.

To make the 30 call EOL we will need new tooling and a longer jacket than we've made before. This will take longer than it does to launch other bullets.

I don't want to be discouraging but rather I want you to have the latest accurate information so you can plan your hunts accordingly.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.