Berger Bullets 2010 Update

Is there any chance that Eric mentioned a time frame. And did you try and coak any news from him, regarding a larger .308 bullet.

Thanks for posting that video!:)

Alot of questions about the G7 BC's though.

I understand that they're lower numbers than the G1?

If we put in the lower number into our Ballistic Software (the newest Sierra or NF programs as an example) wouldn't the outcome be false?

Don't the Ballistic Programs have to be "set up" for G7 before it can effectively be used?

Anybody have any info or links to more info on this?

Thanks in advance.

Don't the Ballistic Programs have to be "set up" for G7 before it can effectively be used?
Yes, but many are. JBM, for example, has a whole list from G1 to G8 and more. Exbal, on the other hand, doesn't allow G7 BCs and the last word I read was that Mr. Perry does not plan to program that function. And I think NF is Exbal, right?

Last edited:
Nomad,

Yea, that's my understanding. The NF software is/was made by Exbal for Nightforce supposedly. I've been messing with it some, and I cant find any way to change the program. Changing the BC to .230 only gives false data.

I've also got the latest version from Sierra, but don't have it installed yet on the computer. Don't know what it's capabilities are.

Thanks for the info.

Thank you for posting!
I want that Berger manual and 338 bulletts here yesterday! I cant wait! Many of us have eagerly been awaiting both, and speculation and he said/she said for the latter part of 09' got many of us excited a little too soon.
To here it from the man himself makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
Although he didnt give an actual date,at least we all know it'll be here this year!:D Hopefully in time to work up some loads before hunting season!!! lightbulb
Thanks to all at Berger, LRH, and the shotshow for keeping our sport exciting with new innovative products and ideas and passing on the knowledge to all of us who love shooting sports.

I do hope that this year marks the year when they actually come to market with the .338's. They will probably take over from Sierra as the "go to " Lapua, Edge,etc. bullet
This has been the world's longest bullet tease:D It looks like the G7 is the wave of the future for the long range hunters. I think Bryan Litz has been an excellent match for Berger...But we shall see!! 30-338

50% increase over last years production...Hopefully the quality will continue. Look forward to their manual coming out...the sooner the better. Good info, thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts