Berger bullet question

was hoping the buyout would be a good thing. not looking good, bullets originally to be released at shot show now late summer,dont stock up before the move, now the boxes I liked the different color hope they make the labels with big enough differences to keep it simple.

was hoping the buyout would be a good thing. not looking good, bullets originally to be released at shot show now late summer,dont stock up before the move, now the boxes I liked the different color hope they make the labels with big enough differences to keep it simple.
My prediction... LOTS of confusion to come, over the boxes/labels. They should have stuck with orange & yellow.

Also, by this point in time, if they do EVER make and release a .257 140 Elite Hunter, as long as I've been b!tching about it, I think they owe me 1,000 pack for free...That is, if i'm still alive by then...Might take them another 50 years or so... :rolleyes:

View attachment 95801 So I ordered a box of 7mm Berger vld hunting 168 from midway along with some other items. I open the midway box and see a yellow box of bullets. I think to myself crap they sent target vlds. Upon closer examination all the packaging shows hunting vlds. I expected the orange box.I know they used to not be color coded but I thought that was years ago. Anyone else have this happen recently? Do I have hunting vlds?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm not worried about it as long as the label is correct.

Yes you do, you can cross reference the P/N on their website.

Nothing is a matter of "need", it's a matter of what those of us who have been shooting Bergers for years, are all used to. I don't see where it would cost them any extra for orange boxes over yellow boxes, especially if they're buying an equal number of each.

Just an opinion, not a necessity.

And for those who can't grasp that concept...I feel for them.

Your mouth is what inspired me to post. How can you not grasp the concept of 2 different colors cost more. You can't understand a sticker That says "hunting" or "target". I Feel for you.

I appreciate your candor. More often than not, we only care about our own perspectives or perhaps it's what we have gotten used to. These days, the industry is considering other view points, i.e., people that are color blind. In my first job in the USAF in the late 1980s, being color blind was a discriminatory factor. They changed all wiring to white and slapped a long alphanumeric codes on each wires instead. Sure it took time getting used to but it was not an end all. Earlier this month, I had to renew my CAC card and there's a "W" on it that was not there on my previous cards. The "W" stands for white (color of the CAC card), apparently there was a mandate for it. It might be viewed as an inconvenience for most of us but might be a big deal and helpful for others.

IMHO, having an open mind will get us all further. Cheers!

I wondered what the W on my new card stood for....I just never asked, figured it stood for the next guy to get let go during the next round of cutbacks :). Thanks for the info FEEENIX.

We are in the process of changing/redesigning the box/label setups at the moment. The eventual plan that we've been told here on the Tech side is that the boxes will all be yellow but the labels will have a new look and that where the color differentiation will be. We've seen some samples and if that's what gets pushed through to production, I personally really like them. Right now in the middle of it the change, they ran out of the old boxes but don't have the new labels ready so they are doing what they can. The label may look different but bullet quality will still be what you expect :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts