Berger bullet question

Csi

image.jpg So I ordered a box of 7mm Berger vld hunting 168 from midway along with some other items. I open the midway box and see a yellow box of bullets. I think to myself crap they sent target vlds. Upon closer examination all the packaging shows hunting vlds. I expected the orange box.I know they used to not be color coded but I thought that was years ago. Anyone else have this happen recently? Do I have hunting vlds?

I just got some 87 grain vld hunting bullets in last week from Reloading International. Two boxes of 100 and they were both yellow.

I would call them and ask to be sure, since they've been moving facilities they might have simply ran out of orange boxes.

CSI, I just bought five boxes of the same bullets at Bruno Shooters Supply in yellow boxes. Bruno's said they will all come in yellow boxes now. I don't care what color as long as I can get them. I looked for some time till Bruno got them. Loading them for four rifles.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm not worried about it as long as the label is correct.

Has anyone called or emailed Berger?

Called Berger yesterday and they are all going to yellow boxes from now on. The only thing that matters is the part number on the label. I want to say they might be doing colored labels but I can't remember.

That sucks... I really liked the distinctive differentiation of the orange & yellow boxes. It was very adamant...You KNEW which type of bullet you had in your hand. It was classic Berger.

Oh well... I guess that's what happens when big conglomerates buy-out small companies...They cut anything they can to shave down that initial purchase overhead...

Also, still waiting on that .257 140 Elite Hunter..............

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.