• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Berger 7mm 175gr EH

ormandj

I'm looking for Berger 7mm 175gr Elite Hunters. I know these are hard to come by, but thought this would be worth a shot. I have a large number of 30 cal projectiles (Berger/Hornady) I can trade, if that is preferred, but I'd rather just buy them outright. I normally don't have personal stock issues during these shortages, but I'm building my first 7mm rifle currently, so have absolutely nothing at all. Thank you!

Shoot them couple boxes you got already?!?!
Not yet, still waiting on the barrel. I did a custom order with 400MODBB steel in a CF from Bartlein, so it'll be a little longer before it turns up to be chambered (7SS). I assume you're talking about the just-shy-of 300 I picked up over at the hide? That's all I've got right now, and that's 1-3 weeks of shooting for me.

I'm just trying to collect the components I need to shoot out the barrel, which is generally how I stock up. I am a high volume shooter (100-300 rounds a week on a "normal" week, generally in a single or two rifles at most), and I get tired of dealing with shortages. I just try to make sure I have enough on-hand to shoot out every barrel I order that I intend to shoot often. I tend to order 3-4 barrels at a time for the same reason, but am hoping the 400MODBB will make this one last a bit longer. I might shoot this one a bit less, depending on recoil (first 7SS), but we'll see. Either way, I'm just trying to get enough to last me for a few months so I'm not stuck with a new barrel/action I can't use.

They do last longer.. waiting 9months for mine... and harder on reamers geez

They do last longer.. waiting 9months for mine... and harder on reamers geez
Everyone I've spoken with has said it's not too bad on the reamers, but I haven't spun one up myself. I've got this one being chambered by Southern Precision. I debated ordering a reamer from Rich and just doing it myself on a friend's lathe, but figured I'd get a barrel in house and shoot it out before I decide how much I like it before going all in. I'm still in a rental while I try to find a home that's not overpriced, so all my CNC mills/lathes are in storage. Sucks.