Berger 6.5 144 LRHT powder options

AKironhead

Anyone loading for these in a creedmoor yet? Just got a pile of them and wondering if I should stick with h4350 or go to RL16 or something. Seems like a lot of people switch to RL 16 or 26 for most of the bullets above 147s and up.

I do not have exact comparisons to offer. What's your barrel length?
I have mediocre results with RL16 in my 7mm-08 with 160's. I would never think to try RL26. However, recently shot 147's over RL22 and got outstanding groups in two nodes.

I've had great luck with R-16. Picked a charge in the middle of a node and seated .050 off, which is barely mag length.
I just started into another box of 500. Different lot of bullets slowed down about 15 FPS and change my zero slightly with the same exact load. Velocity is 2775, out of a 24" and starline large primer brass. My last check the SD was 9.
R-26 did ok but showed higher ES/SD . I didn't play much with it, since it was faster and I really want to use the same barrel all season.

I've had great luck with R-16. Picked a charge in the middle of a node and seated .050 off, which is barely mag length.
I just started into another box of 500. Different lot of bullets slowed down about 15 FPS and change my zero slightly with the same exact load. Velocity is 2775, out of a 24" and starline large primer brass. My last check the SD was 9.
R-26 did ok but showed higher ES/SD . I didn't play much with it, since it was faster and I really want to use the same barrel all season.
Great info thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.