Berger 375 possible?

Guys,
This is all the information we have at this time. If you don't subscribe to the BERGER BULLETIN please do for access to the latest information on this and new Berger Bullet offerings in the future.

In This Issue
.375 Cal Test Bullet

Dear Authorized Berger Dealer,

These Dealer Bulletins are designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest Berger news and information.

Bryan Litz prepares for King of 2 Miles with prototype bullet
At the end of this month our Chief Ballistician, Bryan Litz, will be competing in the King of 2 Miles event with a Berger .375 cal solid bullet in the 400 gr class. This bullet is not offered to the public yet, and possibly, never will be depending on Bryan's field tests.

We will be doing a social media announcement about the competition and the bullet he will be using, so you can expect some questions from shooters regarding this bullet.

You can relay that, at this time it is still in the development phase and after our long term field testing is concluded we will thoroughly look at the results to determine if we want to release it to the public. At this time we have no intentions of releasing it to the public. Please relay this to any shooters who
inquire.

Kind Regards,
Berger Bullets Marketing
[email protected]
714-441-7200
Fax: 714-441-7201

Berger Bullets | [email protected] | Varmint, Target Hunting and Tactical Bullets | Berger Bullets
4275 N. Palm St. Fullerton, CA 92835

Here is all Berger is giving us....just enough to spark our interests!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 96
I am guessing the decision to go with a solid has something to do with the jacket problems they had during initial .338 development, which delayed the release of the 300 grain bullet by a couple of years, IIRC.

May also have something to do with the shape needed to produce the desired bc.

I, too, think this is an interesting development. Going to a solid seems like a logical move, but I didn't see it coming.

I am also thinking this will radically alter the twist rate needed to stabilize such a bullet. I am hoping some top barrel makers will step up to the plate and make such barrels available when the time comes. Custom .375 barrels haven't been regularly available for quite awhile. Last time I saw a run of them made, it took a group buy to make it happen.

Guys,
This is all the information we have at this time. If you don't subscribe to the BERGER BULLETIN please do for access to the latest information on this and new Berger Bullet offerings in the future.

In This Issue
.375 Cal Test Bullet

Dear Authorized Berger Dealer,

These Dealer Bulletins are designed to keep you up-to-date on the latest Berger news and information.

Bryan Litz prepares for King of 2 Miles with prototype bullet
At the end of this month our Chief Ballistician, Bryan Litz, will be competing in the King of 2 Miles event with a Berger .375 cal solid bullet in the 400 gr class. This bullet is not offered to the public yet, and possibly, never will be depending on Bryan's field tests.

We will be doing a social media announcement about the competition and the bullet he will be using, so you can expect some questions from shooters regarding this bullet.

You can relay that, at this time it is still in the development phase and after our long term field testing is concluded we will thoroughly look at the results to determine if we want to release it to the public. At this time we have no intentions of releasing it to the public. Please relay this to any shooters who
inquire.

Kind Regards,
Berger Bullets Marketing
[email protected]
714-441-7200
Fax: 714-441-7201

Berger Bullets | [email protected] | Varmint, Target Hunting and Tactical Bullets | Berger Bullets
4275 N. Palm St. Fullerton, CA 92835

Thanks for sharing this information!

I am also thinking this will radically alter the twist rate needed to stabilize such a bullet. I am hoping some top barrel makers will step up to the plate and make such barrels available when the time comes. Custom .375 barrels haven't been regularly available for quite awhile. Last time I saw a run of them made, it took a group buy to make it happen.

I'm building a 375/378 Weatherby improved (375 Zayne) for my son. JE Custom called up Dan Lilja. Dan built our barrel to the spec we wanted no question asked. It's the straightest barrel I have ever seen as well. This is my first Lilja barrel and let me say I'm quite impressed.

I am guessing the decision to go with a solid has something to do with the jacket problems they had during initial .338 development, which delayed the release of the 300 grain bullet by a couple of years, IIRC.

May also have something to do with the shape needed to produce the desired bc.

I, too, think this is an interesting development. Going to a solid seems like a logical move, but I didn't see it coming.

I'm wondering the same too, if they're trying to get the desired shape before going to a jacketed bullet.

I sure hope so. I was holding out for a jacketed bullet for my .375 AM. Heck I can get solids from CEB already. Would be nice to have a cored bullet around 400gr.

I'm thinking the prototype bullet is totally designed for maximum bc. From the tip to base it will have been run thru models to determine what appears to be best.

It is much much easier to develope machined shapes as making dies is long and pains taking.

With a little programing modifications can be made fairly rapidly. However it is still quite expensive to equip to do it.

It will be difficult to develop a hunting bullet with such a high bc but Berger is using a very effective process to develop this offering. The KO2M results will be exciting to say the least.

They mentioned the 375 CT will be used in the competition. Which I think is going in just a little under gunned. Also mentioned was a new 375 cal cartridge on the design table. I've been experimenting with a 395 grain hunting offering, G7 bc ~ 0.460, that the MagnetoSpeed 3 says is loafing along at 3118-3128 ahead of 147.6 gr of RL-50. There is room for more velocity but limitations are the 30" barrel and the desire to get more case life.

I'm thinking the prototype bullet is totally designed for maximum bc. From the tip to base it will have been run thru models to determine what appears to be best.

It is much much easier to develope machined shapes as making dies is long and pains taking.

With a little programing modifications can be made fairly rapidly. However it is still quite expensive to equip to do it.

It will be difficult to develop a hunting bullet with such a high bc but Berger is using a very effective process to develop this offering. The KO2M results will be exciting to say the least.

They mentioned the 375 CT will be used in the competition. Which I think is going in just a little under gunned. Also mentioned was a new 375 cal cartridge on the design table. I've been experimenting with a 395 grain hunting offering, G7 bc ~ 0.460, that the MagnetoSpeed 3 says is loafing along at 3118-3128 ahead of 147.6 gr of RL-50. There is room for more velocity but limitations are the 30" barrel and the desire to get more case life.

That explains a LOT. Thanks for the insight!

The "new" 375 caliber cartridge they will be shooting is similar to my 2 yr old 375 Warlord wildcat off the 585 Hubel Express , my 375 Warlord has 192 gr case h20 capacity so the one Litz and Fitzpatrick are working on should be similar, about 32 gr more in capacity over the 375 Chey Tac,

The 585 Hubel is basically a lengthened straight walled 408 Chey Tac body and rim diameter case with a belt added and very beefed up web/case head to withstand serious pressure that offers benefits in attaining awesome velocity, I have sectioned some brass and it indeed is heavy duty stuff....

I also did the 416 Destroyer and 338 Sniper on the 585 Hubel case and necked it down to every other caliber from .510" down to .284" but it's just a matter of time until someone announces a "new" wildcat on that case in those calibers, LOL !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 81
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.