Berger .338 VLD is it coming?

wasgas

I keep seeing posts on the web that the Berger 338 VLD's and that they are coming but have not seen any info to back it up. Does anyone KNOW anything helpful about this?

I keep seeing posts on the web that the Berger 338 VLD's and that they are coming but have not seen any info to back it up. Does anyone KNOW anything helpful about this?

Yes, they're coming. I talked to Walt Berger at the SHOT shot. He said that they would be out in summer. Plenty of time before hunting season.

That was the 2008 SHOT show.:D

Pacing the floor, with the rest of us, won't make it come any sooner. But it will help pass the time.

Yeah I know but I keep seeing posts all over making it sound like it's anyday and some are years old others are recent? I am just getting into the 338 and wanted to try some of everything.

Yeah I know but I keep seeing posts all over making it sound like it's anyday and some are years old others are recent? I am just getting into the 338 and wanted to try some of everything.

Well the some of everything is the 300gr SMK right now. I've been wait like every one else and a big berger fan. I shoot bergers in most every thing else. but i'm tired of waiting and going to buy the next 250 box of the 300SMK i find. They work fine i just took a hog and javelina at a 1000yds. But i'll keep wishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
was,

Give Berger a call or contact bsl135 (think that's right) here (Brian Litz--Berger Ballistician). I called 'em last month and was told the machine is nearing setup completion and should be spittint out the first bullets this month, but that there is alot of fine tuning to be done before they are ready to sell any. Probably this summer is what I was told. We've heard that before, but things do seem to be progressing. I've been contancting Litz or Berger directly every couple of months about this and am getting a consistent story. They are throwing a great deal of time/energy into it, I just think there may be alot more to mass producing a brand new bullet in a new caliber than I'm aware of and that's part of what's taking so long. Once it comes out, if it performs, we'll quickly forget all this nailbiting, I'm sure. :D Jon

What was it that the EAGLES said... ?

"When hell freezes over " or something like that !

Ill believe it when I see it as this has been talked about for the last 3-4 years and apparently was "pending" !

When they get around to it I guess . Just go buy some more smks and get after it !

Dont wait for it to happen...cause you could be waiting a while .

DUH

I shoot Berger's in all of my rifles, but at this point I am in the group that just does not care. The 300 gr SMK for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.