Berger 338 Elite Hunting Hybrids

Bob Beck

Gentlemen,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we "NOW" have in stock, both the 250 and 300 grain Berger Elite hunting Hybrids in 338 caliber. These new boxes are packaged with 100 bullets in them, not 50. We have been shooting them with great success, so if anyone is interested in picking up a box or two, please check out the bullet section on our store.

Thanks guys,

These bullets are neither, nor related to the generation 1 or 2 bullets. These are all new "Elite Hunting Hybrids" They have the same exact shape as the existing 300 grain Tactical bullets, but with a thinner jacket such as the VLD style bullets. These bullets were designed with only hunting in mind.

OK.

Does the Gen 1 bullet have yet a thinner jacket? It was not surviving some higher velocity launches.

Does this new 'hunting' bullet have a 'velocity max'?

Do you have terminal performance info? Video/pix in ballistics gel? Photos on critters?

Yes, under extreme bbl heat, the Gen 1's were not making it to target every time. However they killed animals very well. We had tons of experience with that. When they went to the Gen 2 bullets, it was noticed that the animals did not DRT as often. These are built with a jacket thickness that uses the best of both scenarios, yet mostly with the hunters in mind. Hence the name "Elite Hunting Hybrid"

For the new bullets, I was not part of the testing scenario. Yet I do know from working with Berger that all the bullets are tested for performance before they go to production.

Alright, so Berger thinks these jackets are a happy medium, so to speak? I've killed two Muley's and a bear (going for bear this weekend) and the Hybrid OTM Matches have done the job well, but I have been a bit concerned about the lack of exit wound size--some expansion shown, but not as much as you might hope for, so perhaps this new design will deal with what 'issues' there have been.

Did I miss info on this bullet on the Berger site?

Yes you are exactly correct! Happy medium, for the exact reasons you just explained.

Not sure on there website updates. To be honest, Chris and I just got home from a Wyoming Elk hunt last night and these bullets were all boxed up and on the door! Looked like Christmas come early for somebody! So we hurried and threw them up on our webstore, and posted here for guys to get hold of before the season gets any closer.

Well...geez...wish I didn't have that box of 250ct. 300g, Hybrid OTM's to finish shooting up or I'd pull the trigger on these new ones from you right now.

Anybody want about 175ct. of the 300g Hybrid OTM Match Berger bullets? :)

Hi Bob,

I JUST bought a 250 bullet box of the 300 gr OTMs! That's okay am very pleased the way they shoot.

Can you tell us about the 250 gr elite? Is it different than the 250 gr hybrids a few of us tested for Berger last winter? Do they have a different shape and higher BC?

Thanks

Ross

Ross,

Just as there have been no changes to shape or B.C. calculations on the 300's, the same applies to the 250's. Berger has sent out for this testing to be confirmed. The testing did confirm that no changes in load development or drops were needed. They indeed were the exact same in design, just with a thinner jacket made exclusively for hunting. This will insure the transition to these bullets will be very smooth.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a couple of hundred. Hopefully I can get 'em lined up for elk. Too late for bear and deer this year.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for such a positive response today. I just wanted to let you know that I personally made sure that, for all of you that ordered, that we got your bullets shipped out today! Look for them by weeks end!

Please give us some feedback and some pics of your seasons success.

Please do not overlook that we have 250 grain in this same offering as well.

THANKS GUYS.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for such a positive response today. I just wanted to let you know that I personally made sure that, for all of you that ordered, that we got your bullets shipped out today! Look for them by weeks end!

Please give us some feedback and some pics of your seasons success.

Please do not overlook that we have 250 grain in this same offering as well.

THANKS GUYS.

250 grain...what's that? :D:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.