BERGER .338 / 300 gr. Elite Hunter ELR Terminal Performance.

It appears that they worked just fine!!! Congrats to all involved!!
Does anyone have any results on the .338 with a 300 grain Elete hunter on brown bear of Yukon moose. 🫎 I'm going next year and my outfitter said not to use it? He says it won't pass through for a blood trail. He says it may drop especially the brown bear in its tracks but if it doesn't on like a double shoulder shot, it won't pass through for a blood trail? Does anyone know of brown bear 🐻 that's been taken with the 300 grain elite hunter.

Please let me know if anyone definitely knows for sure.

I know 80% of Alaskan hunters use Barnes bullets but the CF is so low. Recommendations please.
Harvey
731-727-9242

My best kills on elk have been with the 300 gr Berger, I shoot the OTM though for a little tougher jacket. I get slightly different end results from my two 338 rums, one has a 9.3 twist Broughton and the other a 10 twist Bartlein. The Broughton barrel tends to have the bullet expand to close to 1.5 inches and shed the lead. The Bartlein tends to act like a bonded bullet and expands to about .75 inches at 600 yards. Most times these bullets don't exit in my experience, usually they end up under the hide on the off side. I hunted with some 300 grain accubonds one year and I don't think they kill as well as the Berger, but they will penetrate and exit! If I had a choice, I would have Berger as first shot and then follow with 300 gr accubonds for maximum penetration. My accubonds shoot 1 inch right of my Bergers at 100 same height, same velocity, both running 99 gr of RL33 and 2850 fps.