Berger 30cal hybrids?

Look at their 210 LRBT #30419, it has a .320 bc vs .323 bc (G7) for the VLD and is much more jump friendly than the VLD. I have been using them in a 30X8mmRemMag for F-Class and love them.

Dave

Thanks dirtball! I haven't had a problem with the 210 vld as far as accuracy, just heard rumor about a 30 cal hybrid coming out and want to try them if they do. The reason is that the 7mm 180 hybrid has a BC that is bigger than all the 30 cals, so i figure that if we (us 30 cal shooters) had a hybrid it would be closer to the .700 G1 BC. I am kinda new to the long range world and read that the higher the BC the better if it groups good and gets a decent speed. I am shooting a 700 sendero in 300 rum. I am open for any tips, thanks again.

Brian Litz says the big 30's will have to be made on their big machine, and that machine will be busy cranking out the 300 grain 338's for a long time...So ya, I think it is in the plans, but who knows when we will see them.

It seems berger has so many irons in the fire, you would think either they would look at some kind of expansion or figure on seeing their customers looking else where. Thats what I did and have found a bullet that performs better for me. People get tired of hearing the same old story.

Why is it that everyone wants to bad mouth Berger? They are good at what they do, the problems with the 338 Hybrid has them doing MORE research and testing BEFORE they release new products. We all know what happens when a company expands just to meet market demand, Quality Control goes to hell and then everyone bitches about that.
Berger is not the only bullet manufacturer out there. I shoot Bergers, Sierras, Hornadys, JLKs, etc.
I don't expect one manufacturer to produce every bullet I want, and NO single bullet answers my needs even for a single rifle. If you think Sierra's, or someone else's, bullets suit your needs better than Berger then by all means use them.
Competition is what makes the American Economy work better than all of the rest.
JMHO
Dave

I am referring to my experience with berger bullets, I spent an incredible amount of money on berger bullets and no matter what I did they would not shoot out of my gun. I personally think there are better bullets out there. These are just my opinions. It is possible to expand without losing any of your quality control

I am not going to appologize for my experience with berger bullets, not every bullet is going to shoot in every gun. Its just like Sierra's won't shoot in my gun either, but I didn't go out and spend the amount of money on sierra bullets as I did berger's. I know the best of the west folks use only berger's. I would think that if berger so popular among a great amount of shooters, hunters that they would consider investing more money and or people to get more products on the shelves. How often do you hear people asking when is berger going to come out with a reloading manual.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.