Berger 300 gr. OTM vs Elite Hunter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by canderson, Oct 16, 2013.

1. canderson

canderson Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    I just found out I am going elk hunting next week. I have my 338 edge tuned up with 300 OTM. Should I try to work up a load and verify drops with elite hunters or will the OTM work fine? Never shot an elk but, the OTM works great on the whitetail deer I have shot. I am very confident with the OTM load and drop data. Thanks for any opinions.
    Chris

2. MMERSS

MMERSS Well-Known Member

Both bullets should have the same ballistics profile. I'm sure you're aware the only difference between the two is a few thousands difference in jacket thickness with the OTM being the thicker of the two.

BYW my experience with the 300 OTM's, they work great on elk.

3. ultraedge

ultraedge Well-Known Member

The OTM's and the Elite Hunters shoot the same drops in my rifles out to at least 1300yds which is as far as I have tested them. Gary

4. canderson

canderson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I am going to stick with the OTM. I am confident in the setup.

5. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

I have taken antelope,bear, deer and elk w/OTM it is my bullet of choice in my 338 Norma

6. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

I have two kills with the 250 grain OTM. Not as big as an elk but kills deer and black bear just fine.

7. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

You should shoot the OTM's and sell me the Elite Hunters.!!

No JOKE!! I need bullets!!