Berger 30 cal 230 hunting hybrid

arrow

I heard about a 300 grain .338 hunting hybrid. Is there any word or updates or estimated time of arrival for the 230 hunting hybrid? Thanks

To date there is no 230 gr hunting hybrid.

However there are positive reports from hunters using the 230 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical and 230 match hybrid target for big game. There is no doubt that these work just fine for hunting.

Broz and his son used the 230 OTM:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/berger-230-300-otm-hybrid-terminal-results-80283/

Bob Beck of Extreme Outer Limits posted this on LRH regarding the performance of the 230 match hybrid target:

"For the 230 I am using so far it has been the target. Not that the jacket is any different then the OTM, just the nose design for a little higher B.C. Now one important thing I would like to mention, is that I noticed the 230 traveling 3000 fps out of my 26" bbl took away some of my concerns about the thicker jackets.

Reading broz's reports on the 230's used for hunting maid me get some. Out of my 300 Win im shooting 2710 fps and validated trajectory of less than. 5 MOA vertical group at 805 yards. I shot a 165 inch muley at 336 yards and it was utterly brutal. Pin hole entrance hit a rib on the way in. Little chunks of lung left and half a heart. Exit hole was the size of a grapefruit.

Bet he didn't go far. Any pics?

We will be using the 230 target for our cow elk hunt Dec 7. Friend will use a 300 WSM vel 2725, and my RUM 2975. Near or far those elk had better be wary.

Bet he didn't go far. Any pics?

We will be using the 230 target for our cow elk hunt Dec 7. Friend will use a 300 WSM vel 2725, and my RUM 2975. Near or far those elk had better be wary.

I can't wait to see your results. Center em up and stuff em in the crease behind the shoulder then watch em fall.

Have a great hunt.

Jeff

No he just dumped and leg twitched for about 5 seconds. I was worried about the expansion at that close of range. This bullet exceeded my expectations by a ton. I will get pics up when I get home of deer and wound channel. I hope you boys don't like eating heart because there wont be one if you get her any were close to it!

I was pretty impressed with the damage the 230s created at short range with 30/338 lapua improved velocities. I finally got to see the grenade effect berger advertises. I was not terribly happy with the shot placement, but I have lots of excuses. It was with a broken scope and I was shooting offhand with a 15 lb gun, guess I might have gotten lucky to even connect.

2012-08-23_13-03-26_567.jpg

2012-08-23_13-17-40_646.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. We will do our best to shoot just behind the shoulders! Man Eddy Bo that is devastation!

eddybo, would you mind sharing your load for the 230 Berger in your 300 Lapua imp. ??? Which 230 bullet was that?

Thanks
Bryan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.