Berger 30 cal 205 elite hunter

RangerDanger2016

Has anyone had good results in a 300 wm with the Berger 30 cal 205 elite hunter. I have 215s on back order and have been checking with Berger weekly as they are waiting on jackets. I have a new rifle I'm hoping to get set up for this season yet. Any input Is appreciated. My back up is 212 eldx hornady bullets that I have on the shelf. Thank you.

Attachments

• 06226CD4-C7BE-45F4-B1E6-64500CDCA41A.png
    06226CD4-C7BE-45F4-B1E6-64500CDCA41A.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 91
Has anyone had good results in a 300 wm with the Berger 30 cal 205 elite hunter. I have 215s on back order and have been checking with Berger weekly as they are waiting on jackets. I have a new rifle I'm hoping to get set up for this season yet. Any input Is appreciated. My back up is 212 eldx hornady bullets that I have on the shelf. Thank you.
Don't be afraid to go with the 210's either. Many were shooting those before the 215's came out.

I shoot the 205's in a WSM. I feel like they are about perfect for that size case capacity. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them in the WM. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more popular, they are a pretty forgiving bullet and have a better BC then 210 vld's.

At least in the wsm you can push them quite a bit faster then a 215.

I have a buddy shooting the 205gr EH in front of MagPro. I think he's around 72-75gr. Somewhere in there anyway. I know he's not SAAMI length and I know he's not jammed. He killed an elk with it this last fall.

I put some through one of my WMs. They shot knot holes at the expected powder charge of H1000 seated to .015" off. The notable difference between these and the 215s, aside from being available, is that they load to a shorter OAL. For me, this translates to more reliable feeding from my standard magazine when loaded to the preferred seating depth.

Well I talked with Berger for quite some time. Gonna give them a whirl. Ordered up 400. Berger said they are making cures and jackets still in the +1 million bullets for the 215s said they could be a bit and said waiting for elections to be over for the market to get to a normal ish scenario. Thanks everyone !