Berger 250gr Elite in a .340WBY

Mike Thorn

Anyone have any experience with this bullet-caliber combo? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this one to shoot through my older Euromark. The horizontal fliers are maddening. The rifle shoots TTSX, Partitions and SST's very well with H4831 or RL-25.

Thanks in advance for any tips. I have read and tried the seating depth test that Berger recommends but so far inconclusive. :(

I know it is not the point but why don't you stick with the bullets the gun likes?
I shoot a lot of TTSX and love em.

I guess I'm just hardheaded. Lol. I hear how great these projectiles are so I'm frustrated because of my inablity to get them to work for me. I'm perfectly happy with TTSX for the applications I'm using it for.

morning, I shoot the Barnes 210gr. TTSX in my
340. with the bullet length and 4831sc. wbee brass
fed. 215primers. shoots .500 to .750 groups all
day long. this bullet is a bulldozer. justme gbot tum

I shoot the 265 LRX in my 338 rum. Shoots incredibly good with 7828ssc. I know there's so many better powders these days but it just shoots too go to mess with.

The long free bore isn't friendly to the berger. Hammer hunter260 will run in the long freebore with good bc. This is also good in a 10tw.

morning, I shoot the Barnes 210gr. TTSX in my
340. with the bullet length and 4831sc. wbee brass
fed. 215primers. shoots .500 to .750 groups all
day long. this bullet is a bulldozer. justme gbot tum

Same here. The 210 ttsx over 88gr of H4831 shoots lights out. I could probably push the velocity a bit more but I'm happy where it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.