Berger 230 Hybrid OTM - Twist?

Varmint Hunter

I bought some Berger Hybrid OTM Tactical 30 cal 230gr bullets for my 300 RUM. My Broughton bbl has an 11 twist and Berger recommends a 10 twist. Hmm

Anyone using this bullet with an 11 twist?
n

Varmint Hunter,
The 230 Match Hybrid and OTM require a 1-10" twist MINIMUM. Your 1-11" twist will probably result in an unstable bullet at the worst and at best a very compromised BC percentage. Try the 185 grain Juggernaut or the 200 grain Match Hybrid bullets. The 200 grain is about as heavy you can go with your twist rate.

Varmint Hunter,
The 230 Match Hybrid and OTM require a 1-10" twist MINIMUM. Your 1-11" twist will probably result in an unstable bullet at the worst and at best a very compromised BC percentage. Try the 185 grain Juggernaut or the 200 grain Match Hybrid bullets. The 200 grain is about as heavy you can go with your twist rate.
You can stabilise 230 OTM bullets out of a1 in 10 twist. Mine shoots really well with this twist rate and bullet weight. If I re - barrel I'll probably have it in a 1 in 9 though .

"If" you can push it at 3K+ FPS and you're at >4500' altitude, you should be OK too. But I'm pretty sure, by now you have figured it out already or have re-barreled since original post date.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.