• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Berger 215gr Hybrid

Honestly in my opinion, the 220gr LR Hybrid is a better terminally performing hunting bullet than the 215 and it can produce the same velocities while having 5gr more weight and a higher BC for better energy retention and trajectory.
I would like to try the 220. Next time I see them I will give them a whirl.

I would like to try the 220. Next time I see them I will give them a whirl.
I've shot 7 big games animals with the 220gr over the last 2 hunting seasons and had nothing but flawless terminal performance (penetration and expansion) from finishing off my sons antelope for him at 80 yards to a mule deer buck at 840 yards and everything else in between. I've been hunting exclusively Berger bullets in various calibers since 2006 so I know when a Berger is performing like it should and the 220gr has shown me enough evidence to trust it.

Last edited:
That report on game is good to here as I just bought 2,000 of the 220's due to the 215's being non existent.

Liddy

This season I'll be going back to the tried and true Berger 250gr in my 338-375 Ruger (2980 fps MV). Shot quite a few animals with that rifle over the years but it's been collecting dusts since I started testing the 220gr in my 300 NMI. I love the big 30 cal rounds but no matter how fast you get a 30 cal round moving, they just don't hammer like a big 338 cal Berger bullet ;)

I've shot 7 big games animals with the 220gr over the last 2 hunting seasons and had nothing but flawless terminal performance (penetration and expansion) from finishing off my sons antelope for him at 80 yards to a mule deer buck at 840 yards and everything else in between. I've been hunting exclusively Berger bullets in various calibers since 2006 so I know when a Berger is performing like it should and the 220gr has shown me enough evidence to trust it.
Did you interchange with the 220's and the 215's? I wondering if your weapon liked both bullets. I'd hate to go in 2000 bullets and find the 300 WM liked and was throated for the 215's and didn't like the 220's?

Recent Posts