Berger 215 hybrid rattle

T3ninja

Hi all, I just ordered my first batch of Berger 215 hybrids for a new .300 WM.

These just showed up today and the very first bullet I pull out of the box rattles! Almost sounds like a bb is inside the jacket. I'm not new to reloading or Berger's for that matter, but I've never heard a bullet, not a loaded cartridge, but a gullet make noise. Is this a void around the lead core? I can't imagine this is good for accuracy.

I have found tiny SS tumbling media beads in some boxes. I hope that one didn't get inside the hollow point.

Weight a few and see if that one weighs more.

Just weighed a handful of them. According to a Hornady electronic scale they were 214.8. All weighed the same, I dug around and found 1 more. I've only checked about 40 or so, but I've so far found 2 now that have a rattle. I kinda want to cut it open, but if it's an actual problem I'd like Berger to see it.

I'm about 3 miles from Laporte fairgrounds. Where r u located ?

Please cut one open. I've shot hundreds of these and have never noticed a rattle. Guess I'll have to look.

Couldn't stand it. I just cut it open. Starting at the tip, just enough to see inside the tip cavity to see if there was anything inside, nothing. Cut it length wise and the jacket/core doesn't have a void anywhere that I can see. But, I used a razor knife and Dremel so not exactly scientific. I still have one noisy one, I'll check the rest later tonight.

Just weighed a handful of them. According to a Hornady electronic scale they were 214.8. All weighed the same, I dug around and found 1 more. I've only checked about 40 or so, but I've so far found 2 now that have a rattle. I kinda want to cut it open, but if it's an actual problem I'd like Berger to see it.

I'm about 3 miles from Laporte fairgrounds. Where r u located ?
I'm in Highland.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.