Berger 208 and 220 hybrid target?

Sevy

Anybody used either of these bullets? If they behave anything like the 215 and 230s they should be popular. Having a new barrel put on my 300 win mag and thought I may give these a try but figured I would ask the brain trust since I can't find anything on them.

I'll bet the 208 and 220s are to be aimed at competition.

The Berger 215s seem to be holding .3 MOA 5-shot groups in my 600/1000 yd BR rifle during 200 yd testing, and I did manage one 1.5" 5-shot group at 600 yds.

If that was a hunting rig I would not me motivated to try anything else. However, if a 208 or 220 would take that .3 MOA to .25 MOA in my BR rig I would change over. Guess I need to test some......

Neither one of them really improves much on the 215 Hybrid. I was excited for them, then I saw the bearing surface length. The 208 has nearly the same BC as the 215, but it has a slightly longer bearing surface. So really it won't be much faster or offer much more ballistically. The 220s look better than the 230s, but don't think they'll be an improvement over the 215s. Again, they have a G1 BC of 0.717 vs 0.691 of the 215, but have a longer bearing surface and are 5gr heavier. I don't see them offering much out to 1200 yards.

The 215s and the 230s seem to kinda have the span of weight differences covered. I wouldn't imagine they will phase out the 215s either based on their popularity. The only reason for maybe going with the 208s or 220s is maybe availability. Because there are so many people shooting the 215s it may make the others a little easier to get ahold of. The b.c. Is so close and the weight I don't see much improvement Or decline with any of them over the 215.

With 215 so hard to find (and only have 25 left for my 30 Nosler and can't find them anywhere) probably should revive this one... any report on terminal performance for either the 208 or the 220 would be great
I'm having a 30 nosler barrel chambered and can't find 230s or 215s anywhere.
Just ordered a few boxes of the 220s,I'll do some expansion testing out to 1200ish and let you know how they do.
Probably oughta keep quiet about it though so the hoarder mob doesn't buy them all up..

Sorry guys...I'm just now seeing this thread. I had been shooting 215 gr Bergers out of my 300 WM for awhile but wasn't getting the accuracy I was after. So I decided to give the 220 gr LR Hybrids a try. Glad I did because that's just what my rifle liked. I have shot several hogs with them from 454 yds out to 830 yds. These bullets perform extremely well out of my set up. My preferred shot is a headshot or quartering to me between the ear and the front of the shoulder. A few shots have been the standard shot just behind the shoulder. Those shots tend not to drop them in their tracks but they usually don't go very far........20-30 yds. With my setup I'm getting an average MV of 2987 fps.

Sorry guys...I'm just now seeing this thread. I had been shooting 215 gr Bergers out of my 300 WM for awhile but wasn't getting the accuracy I was after. So I decided to give the 220 gr LR Hybrids a try. Glad I did because that's just what my rifle liked. I have shot several hogs with them from 454 yds out to 830 yds. These bullets perform extremely well out of my set up. My preferred shot is a headshot or quartering to me between the ear and the front of the shoulder. A few shots have been the standard shot just behind the shoulder. Those shots tend not to drop them in their tracks but they usually don't go very far........20-30 yds. With my setup I'm getting an average MV of 2987 fps.
Thats great to hear!
With broadside shots are you seeing good expansion, and at what ranges?
Are you running a bit into the tips?

Send it,
Shot placement on the broadside hits is usually either a straight on through the onside shoulder which breaks both shoulders with no exit or it's just behind the onside shoulder angling forward, slightly, breaking down the offside shoulder. Most of these hits produce a DRT but not always. Just depends on the hog. With big hogs no exit wound....on smaller hogs quarter to 50 cent piece sized exit holes depending on the hog and the hit. Sorry...I don't have any post shot autopsy reports because I typically just drag them off to a pit. (Please save your criticisms. Our area is over run with feral hogs and I have also been advised not to eat them by our local vet.)

And no...I do not run a bit into the tips.